Chevda, Indian Snacks Mixture, Spicy Namkeens, 450g
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Indian snacks are awesome especially Chidva or Poha Chivda is a wonderful healthy snack alternative to the fried ones.Chivda is a popular snack of Maharashtra and North Karnataka usually made of flattened rice/poha. It is then spiced with masala and jazzed up with other ingredients like peanuts, raisins, cashews etc. This Poha Chivda recipe has a great shelf life and is so easy to make. Chivdas have a yummy taste always. Make a big batch and store it or a small batch and keep it fresh. Chivda can give you different flavours as you use the ingredients for preparing it like corn.
How to prepare :
Poha – 3 cup
Oil – 2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Green Chili – to taste (finely chopped)
Roasted Chana Daal (Daliya) – 3 tbsp
Whole Raw Peanuts – 3 tbsp
Golden Raisins – 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Citric Acid – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
Sugar – 1 tsp
Method of Preparation :
1. Heat the Poha in the microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
2. Grind the Salt and the Citric Acid to a fine powder.
3. Grind the sugar to a fine powder seperately.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat the Oil at medium temperature.
5. Once the Oil is hot, add in the Mustard Seeds. Allow them to pop.
6. Add in the Green Chilis and the Curry Leaves and cook for a few minutes.
7. Add in Whole Raw Peanuts and cook for 1 minute.
8. Add in the Roasted Chana Daal and cook for another minute.
9. Add in the Golden Raisins and cook for 30 seconds.
10. Add in the Turmeric Powder and the Salt & Citric Acid Powder. Mix well.
11. Add the Poha and mix very well till all the Poha is yellow and no white is visible.
12. Once it is mixed well, turn off the stove and allow it to cool for just 1-2 minutes.
13. Sprinkle the Sugar Powder and mix well.
14. Allow the Civda to cool down to room temperature before you store it.
Type:Masala Spices Mix
Buy Spicy masalas like Chevda mix, Spices Mixture from our online Indian grocery shop.