Alubia Beans, White Kidney Beans, Cannellini Beans, TRS, 500g
Alubia beans are a type of dry beans seeds, commonly known as “white Rajma” due to its resemblance shape with Red kidney beans or rajma. Alubia Beans white in color and an excellent source of protein for vegetarians. Alubia Beans highly versatile to make delicious Indian cuisines, which are very popular in northern India. The recipes made from Alubia beans are popular among vegetarian. Alubia Beans a compulsory part of a menu on special occasions in Punjab. Alubia Beans most commonly eaten beans in traditional Indian cuisine. Alubia beans recipe is very simple to make and are rich in taste too. They provide rich source of protein in Indian dishes, and when combined with rice, the protein is comparable to that of meat or dairy foods without the high calories. Alubia beans recipes are used to cook various foods that can easily be served as a side dish, appetizer, main dish and even a dessert. Alubia Beans also a noted ingredient for making Soup and salad.
How to cook Alubia beans?
Alubia beans are very hard in nature. So, before making any tasty Indian food with Alubia beans, first it has to be cooking separately. Wash and soak the Alubia beans in surplus water overnight (or at least 5 hours). Place them in a pressure cooker (for fast cooking) or closed pan. Add some water and some salt. Cook on high level for 10-15 minutes till the beans are soft. Now cooked soft Alubia beans are ready for making different kind of delicious Indian recipe.
Indian Recipe – Alubia beans spicy curry
• Alubia Beans – 1 cup (see preparation to cook soft beans)
• Onion (large) – 1 (chopped finely)
• Tomatoes (large) – 2
• Ginger and garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
• Red Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
• Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
• Cumin powder – ½ teaspoon
• Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
• Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
• Tamarind paste – ½ teaspoon
• Cinnamon stick – 1 small piece
• Cardamom – 2
• Cloves – 2
• 1 bay leaf
• Salt to taste
• Oil – 2 table spoons
• Fresh Coriander Leaves for garnishing.
Method of Preparation:
• Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add Bay leave.
• Add cumin seeds, cloves and cardamom whole, cinnamon stick and wait until they crackle/splutter.
• Add onions, garlic and ginger mix and fry until onions are nicely browned.
• Add turmeric, coriander powder, chili powder and salt. Stir for 10-15 seconds.
• Add the chopped tomatoes and fry until oil begins to separate.
• Add to kidney beans and stir for a minute or two.
• Add salt, garam masala and Crush a few kidney beans with a spatula, to give it thicker, mushy looking gravy.
• Add 2 cups water and cook it for 15 minutes
• Add some green coriander leaves & mix it well.
• Place in serving bowl garnish the dish with slices of tomatoes and a spring of coriander.
• Serve hot with boiled rice. It can also be served with Indian breads like Chapati, Paratha, Naan.
Other recipes made from Alubia beans are:
• Alubia bean masala
• Alubia bean Pulao/pilaf
• Mix beans curry
• Alubia bean with green mix vegetables
• Alubia beans soup
• Alubia beans salad
• Alubia beans baked
• Alubia beans in cream
• Lemony Alubia beans
• Baked Alubia beans
Other names of Alubia beans are: white bean, White rajma, Safed rajma, Pea beans, Navy beans, Haricot, Gartenbohnen
Shape: kidney shape
Taste: Nutty flavor
Buy original ethnic Alubia Beans online from www.indische-lebensmittel-online.de / www.online-indian-shop.com in Germany.