Basmati Rice,Super Traditional Basmati, Indian Rice, Banno, 1Kg
3.39 €*(0.339 € per 100g)
Basmati Rice,Premium, Indian Long Grain Rice, Banno, 1Kg
In Stock. Delivery 1-2 Days.
Basmati Super Traditional Basmati rice is non-glutinous rice that has been cultivated at the foothill of the Himalayas Mountain range for centuries. The word ‘Basmati rice’ literally means the “queen of fragrance” which is justified as it is enriched with aromatic taste and exotic nut like flavor. This Akash Basmati is long-grained rice with a fine texture and is the costliest rice in the world. Rice is an important aspect of life in the Southeast and other Asia countries. Basmati Rice is used to prepare various Indian rice based dishes. The dishes prepared with the basmati rice is delicious as a side dish, especially with Indian and Middle Eastern meals, because the grains remain separate and firm even when cooked through and tender. The cooked grains are dry and fluffy, so they make a nice bed for Curries and sauces. Cooked grains of Basmati Rice are characteristically free flowing rather than sticky, as with the most non-basmati long-grained rice. Cooked basmati rice can be easily identified by its fragrance. Basmati Rice has a “medium” glycemic index (between 56 and 69), thus making it more suitable for diabetics as compared to certain other grains and products made from white flour.
Akash basmati rice is pure, smooth texture and full of fragrance. It has a delicate flavor and magical aroma. It has longer grain of rice and these are characteristically free flowing rather than sticky and easily cooked.This delightful rice is so simple to prepare with its longer, whiter grains that cook up light, fluffy and separate.
How to use Basmati Rice ?
To get the better taste and look soak basmati rice in water for 10 minutes before cooking.
Indian recipe: Matar pulao
Recipe Ingredients for Matar Pulao:
• 1 cup Basmati Rice
• 2 whole Cloves
• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
• 1/4 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
• 2 Cardamom pods
• 1/2 (1 inch) piece Cinnamon Stick
• 1/3 cup thinly sliced Onion
• 1/4 cup green peas
• 2 tablespoons Cashews
• 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
• 1 3/4 cups water
• salt as per taste
Cooking Method for Matar Pulao:
• Rinse the rice in 3 or 4 changes of water until the water runs clear.
• Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes, then drain and set aside.
• Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable Oil in a saucepan with a tight fitting lid over medium-high heat.
• Add the cumin seeds, and cook briefly until they begin to pop, about 30 seconds.
• Add the cardamom pods, cloves, and cinnamon stick; continue cooking for another minute until the cinnamon stick absorbs the oil.
• Add the rice, and stir well to completely coat with the oil.
• Stir in the water, salt, onion, and peas.
• Bring to a boil, cover with the lid, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the rice has absorbed all of the water, about 15 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a separate pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Stir in the cashews and slivered almonds; cook until golden brown, then stir into the cooked rice.
Other recipes made from Basmati rice are:
• Tamarind Rice
• curd rice
• Fried rice
• plain basmati rice
• jeera basmati rice
• lemon rice
• Vegetable Pulao
• Spiced basmati rice
• Toasted basmati rice
• Kheer or Payasam
Other Indian names of basmati rice are: Chawal, Basmati rice, Basmati-Reis
Akash Basmati Rice availble in 5K and 10 Kg pack.
Type: Long grains
Order Basmati Rice, Briyani Rice, Chawal, Akash from online indian grocery at low cost with best quality.