Bio Coconut, fresh, Organic Coconut, Nariyal, 1 Stk
- Additional information
Coconut is a spherical tropical fruit with a hard brown exterior , milky white interior and three round depressions are found on one end of the fruit.Its interior sweet flesh is used in numerous cooking recipes.Coconut can be grated thinly or thickly as required by the recipe. Thickly grated can be used to make sauce or added to vegetables during sauté and thinly grated can be added to beverage or in salad.Grated coconut is often used as a dessert ingredient like Cocont barfi. It is also called as Desiccated Coconut, nowadays available in all super markets in fresh manner.It must be stored in cool and dry place out of light.This coconut product is also used as a ingredient in the preparation of chocolates and other sweet treats, as a dusting for the outer layer. Puddings and ice cream can also be made with desiccated coconut.Cakes and cupcakes can also be sprinkled with desiccated coconut, and it can also be used as a dressing or garnish for savory foods.
1. Coconut Spread is a very innovative spread and versatile. It is made by grinding the dried flesh of mature coconuts. Because the meat of the coconut is so
high in oils, the result is a delicious thick paste, very similar to sesame tahini and it is shelf stable. This spread contains over 60% medium chain fatty
acids known for their antibacterial, antiviral, antiparasitical and energy giving properties.
2. One medium coconut will yield 3 to 4 cups of grated meat. To extract the juice of the coconut , pierce two of the three indentations, or eyes, at one
end with an icepick. An average mature coconut yields about 240ml. of coconut cream and 360ml of coconut milk.
3. Sliced or chopped coconut can be added to preparations like wadas, sambhar etc to enhance its taste.
4. Grated coconut forms the basis of South Indian cooking to make gravies, curries etc.
5. Coconut is shredded or flaked for use in baked goods or candies.
6. Coconut milk, cream, water etc are use in recipes as flavor enhancers.
7. Coconut can be used to make chutneys, podis, sweets like pongal, barfi etc.
1. Coconut is rich in protein.
2. The meat of the coconut is very good in destroying intestinal parasites .
3. The coconut water/juice is a nutritious refreshing drink especially for those people with kidney and urinary bladder problems.
4. Coconut water is rich in potassium too.
5. Coconut milk from the mature coconut is used to make Virgin Coconut Oil, this oil can help to prevent and treat minor ailments.
6. Coconut meat contains lots of fat, saturated hence advisable to be had in moderate quantities.
Indian Recipe:Cabbage curry recipe
Recipe Ingredients to prepare Cabbage curry recipe:
• Cabbage(finely chopped) – 1 cup
• Yellow moongdal – 4 tsp
• Coconut(grated) – 4 tbp
• Oil – 1/2 tsp
• Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
• Urad dal – 1/4 tsp
• Green chilli – 1 no
• Ginger(grated) – 1/2 tsp
• Turmeric powder – a pinch
• Salt – as needed
1.Wash and cut the cabbage into fine pieces.
2.Soak the moong dal in water for 15 minutes.
3.In a pan, add oil and throw in the mustard seeds, urad dal, chopped green chili and grated ginger.
4.When the mustard seeds splutter and the urad dal becomes golden brown color add the cabbage and the soaked moong dal to this and mix well.
5.Add turmeric powder and salt.
6.Mix well and sprinkle a handful of water to this and cook for 10 mins in medium flame.
7.When it is done, add the scrapped coconut and mix well.
Other recipe from Desicated Coconut:
• Coconut chutney
• Coconut Pachadi
• Coconut Paneer rolls in apple rabdi
• Coconut Pancakes
• Coconut Pulao
• Coconut layer cake
• Coconut almond pudding
• Coconut milk biriyani
• Coconut Potato balls
• Coconut Poha
• Grated coconut currry
Other names of Desicated Coconut:
Buy Indian product Coconut,Bio Thangai from our online grocery store at Germany.