Black Eyed Beans, Cowpeas, Lobia, Karamani, TRS, 500g
- Additional information
Black eyed beans, Cowpeas, Lobia, Karamani, TRS, 500g
The Black eye bean, also called “Black-eyed peas” is a dry seed which is creamy – white in color with a prominent black spot on their inner curve. Black-eyed beans(cowpeas and karamani)have a smooth texture, pea like flavor and they are used to prepare in making nutritious soup in all over Europe and America. It is most popular beans used in India and Pakistan. Eating black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day is thought to bring prosperity. Black eye beans are rich in soluble fiber which helps to eliminate cholesterol from the body. They are also forms an excellent choice for salad. Black eye beans used to prepare in making soups, salad, and mix vegetable and perhaps Black eye bean curry , spiced with flavor which is very popular Indian Cuisines in Punjab. When this curry is combined with rice or bread (roti) it supplies high quality protein which provides a healthy alternative to meat or other animal protein. Black eye beans are unique because they taste wonderful without any Spice also. They are used in salad as a whole and also eaten after boiling to a thick consistency and mixed with diced tomatoes, Onions and Salt for a snack .
How to Cook Black eye beans(Karamani and cowpeas)?
Take one cup black eye bean in a bowl and add 4 cups of water in it and leave it for 2 hours. It will yield 3 cups of black eye beans. Soaked Black eye beans can be directly used in salad. It is also used in making pan fry dishes. To prepare Traditional Indian cuisine from Black eye bean, take soaked beans in a closed pan with water and put it on a high flame for 10 minutes and let it partially cook. Now cooked Black eye beans are ready to prepare varieties of delicious Indian recipes.
Indian Recipe: Black eye beans curry
Recipe Ingredients for cook Black eye beans curry :
• 3 cups of cooked Black Eyed Beans
• A pinch of Hing
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1 teaspoon Dhania Powder
• ½ in Cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon Dry Coconut
• ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
• ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
• 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
• 1 stripe fresh Dry Curry Leaves
• 2 medium size Onions , finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
• 1 teaspoon Ginger Paste
• 2 Green Chillies
• 1 teaspoon Sweet
• 1 teaspoon Tamarind Pulp
• Salt as per taste
• 2 springs Coriander Leaves
• Heat the oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds. When they splutter, add hing.
• Add the onion pieces and fry till they are translucent. Add the ginger and garlic, and cook for a further 30 seconds.
• Add turmeric, coriander powder, salt and mix it well.
• Add the boiled beans followed by some water for desired consistency.
• Toast dry coconut and cumin seeds lightly. Grind toasted coconut, cumin seeds and chilies into a fine paste.
• Add ground paste, tamarind, salt and jaggery. Mix well and cook further for 5 minutes. If required, add some more water.
• Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice or roti.
Other Indian recipes from Black eye beans are:
• Black eye bean pulao
• Black eye bean with gravy
• Black eye bean with palak
• Black eye bean masala
• Black eye beans with mushroom
• Black eye bean salad
• Black eye bean and corn soup
• Cowboy black eye beans
• New year black eye beans
Other names of black eye beans are: Lubia, chaurafali, lobia, chawlie, Mulatto-Gelato, Abaye, Black-eyed pea, Lubya, Safed Chola, Avare Kalu, Karamani/ Pairu, Naduka, Rongi, Alachandalu, Augenbohnen, Kuhbohnen, Schlangenbohnen.
Shape: Kidney shaped
Taste: Nutty flavor
Buy original ethnic Black Eyed Beans, Cowpeas, Lobia, Karamani from our online shop in Germany at cheap and best quality.