Boiled Chickpeas, Cooked Chole, Kabuli Chana, Tin, TRS, 400g
Boiled Chickpeas which are also known as “Kabuli Chana” or ‘Cooked chole’ are big white skinned chickpeas used in preparing different types of traditional indian dishes.Chickpeas have a delicious nutlike taste and buttery texture.Boiled checkpeas are famous among Asian, Indian and Mexican meals. It is a versatile legume used as a main ingredient for many Indian dishes such as hummus, falafels, and curries in the Middle East region of Indian subcontinent. Chick peas can also be used as whole peas for making different varieties of salad and side dish .They are generally eaten either as roasted whole peas or gram sprouts which are a rich source of protein and dietary fiber. Varieties of tasty Indian dessert recipes are prepared from Boiled chickpeas. Many popular dishes in Indian cuisine are made with Boiled chickpeas, such as Chole kulcha is very famous food in north Indian region, Channa masala and different types of spicy chutneys. Due to its high protein and fiber,boiled chickpeas are very much suitable for vegetarians.
How to prepare boiled chickpeas(cooked chole,Kabuli chana)?
Take soaking chick peas and put it in the pressure cooker or in a closed pan, add some salt and cook it on a high flame for 15 minutes till the chickpeas
become soft. Now boiled chick peas are ready to make desired varieties of Indian recipes.
Indian Recipe:Chole Masala
Main Ingredients to Chole masala(Chana masala):
Chickpeas, onion, tomatoes, coriander seed, garlic, chiles, ginger
Ingredients to prepare chenna Masala:
• Channa – 200 gm
• cumin – 1 pinch
• coriander leaves – 1 springs
• Ginger garlic paste – i tbsp
• green chillies – 2 (chopped)
• Oil – 3 tbsp
• Onion – 2 (chopped)
• Salt – as per taste
• Channa masala powder – 25 grams
• tomatoes – 2 (chopped)
• turmeric – 1 pinch
• whole garam masala – few piece
Cooking method to chana Masala:
• Drain the water of chickpeas and put it aside
• Heat the oil in a saucepan and add cumin seeds whole garam masala
• when the cumin seeds change color add chopped onion ti it and saute till they are brown
• Add the ginger-garlic paste to it and saute for couple of minutes.
• Add all the chopped tomatoes into it and saute add salt.
• Saute the tomatoes till they are soft and mushed up
• Add the chole to the mixture and mix gently so that chole are properly coated in the Mixture
• Add the reserved water depending on the gravy you need,check andadjust the seasoning
• Simmer the stove and cook coverd fro 5-6 minutes and garnish it with coriander leaves
• Serve it with chappatti or naan,bhature and puri with sliced onion and lemon wedge by the side
Other indian recipes made from Brown chick peas are:
• Chickpeas Biryani
• Fried chick peas pakora
• Chickpeas chole
• Palak chana masala
• Alu Chana
• Chana fry chat
• Khatta chana
• Sookha Chana
• Pan fry chickpeas
• Chickpeas salad
Other names of Boiled chickpeas are: Kala chana, Desi Chana, Garbanzo bean, Indian pea, Cerci bean, Bengal gram, Chana gram, Kadala , kadalai parupu, kadalaparippu, senaga pappu, kadale bele, Braune Kichererbsen, Kuru nohut.
Type: Peas / pulses
Taste: Nutty flavor.
visit our Indian online shop to purchase Boiled Chickpeas, Cooked Chole, Kabuli Chana, Tin, TRS at cheap price with best quality.