Brown Chick Peas, Kala Chana, TRS, 2kg
5.99 €*(0.299 € per 100g)
Brown Chickpeas, Kala Chana, TRS, 2kg
In Stock. Delivery 1-2 Days.
- Additional Information
Brown Lentils , Kala Chana, Kadala, Garbanzo Beans, TRS, 500g
Brown Lentils which are also known as “Kala Chana” or ‘Gram Chana’ are small
brown skinned chickpeas used in preparing different types of traditional indian dishes .
Chickpeas have a delicious nutlike taste and buttery texture.Brown Lentils are famous among Asian, Indian and Mexican meals. It is a versatile legume used as a main ingredient for many Indian dishes such as hummus, falafels, and
curries in the Middle East region of Indian subcontinent. Chick peas can also be used as whole peas for making different varieties of salad and side dish .
They are generally eaten either as roasted whole peas or gram sprouts which are a rich source of protein and dietary fiber. Varieties of tasty Indian dessert
recipes are prepared this brown chickpeas. Many popular dishes in Indian cuisine are made with chickpea flour
, such as mirchi bhanji, Mirpakaya bhanji and different types of
spicy chutneys. Due to its high protein and fiber, brown chickpeas are very much suitable for vegetarians.
How to sprout Brown chickpeas(kadala and kala chana)?
Soak 1 cup of dried chick peas in 4 cups of water overnight or at least 8 hours. Drain the water and cover the pot containing Chickpeas tightly with a thick
cotton cloth. Leave untouched for about 12 hours to sprout properly.
How to cook Brown chickpeas(kadala and kala chana)?
Take sprouted brown chick peas and put it in the pressure cooker or in a closed pan, add some salt and cook it on a high flame for 15 minutes till the chickpeas
become soft. Now chick peas are ready to make desired varieties of Indian recipes.
Indian recipe: Brown chick peas spicy curry
Brown chick peas spicy curry Ingredients:
• 1 teaspoon chopped Green Chillies
• 1 table spoon yellow curry paste
• 100 ml of Coconut Milk
• 3 large cloves Garlic Paste
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1/4 teaspoon Garam Masala
• 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili
• Thinly sliced tomatoes for garnish
• Drain the water of chickpeas and put it aside
• Blend the tomatoes, green chilies and ginger to make a puree / paste
• Heat the oil in a saucepan
• Add the asafetida and cumin seeds.
• After the cumin seeds crack, add the gram flour and stir-fry for a minute.
• Add the tomato puree, coriander powder, turmeric, red chili powder and cook for about 4 minutes on medium heat. The mixture will start leaving the oil and will reduce to about half in quantity.
• Add curry paste and ¼ can of coconut milk. stirring, cook until curry is dissolved
• Add the chickpeas and remaining cup of milk and let it cook for 7 to 8 minutes on medium heat, covered.
• Press the chickpeas with a spatula so they soften. Add the garam masala and coriander leaves. Let it cook for another 2 minute.
• Garnish with thin tomato slices
Other indian recipes made from Brown chick peas are:
• Chickpeas Biryani
• Fried chick peas pakora
• Chickpeas chole
• Palak chana masala
• Alu Chana
• Chana masala
• Chana fry chat
• Khatta chana
• Sookha Chana
• Pan fry chickpeas
• Chickpeas salad
Other names of brown chickpeas are: Kala chana, Desi Chana, Garbanzo bean, Indian pea, Cerci bean, Bengal gram, Chana gram, Kadala , kadalai parupu, kadalaparippu, senaga pappu, kadale bele, Braune Kichererbsen, Kuru nohut.
Type: Peas / pulses
Taste: Nutty flavor.
Your favourite online shop to purchase Brown Lentils , Kala Chana, Kadala, Garbanzo Beans at cheap price.