Cashew Nuts, Kaju, Mundiri Paruppu, TRS, 100g
Cashew nuts are commonly known as “kaju” in India. Cashew nuts are actually the kidney-shaped seeds that adhere to the bottom of the cashew apple, the fruit of the cashew tree, which is native to the coastal areas of northeastern Brazil. They are sweet in taste and white or light yellowish in color.Cashew nuts are high protein natural source of energy. The cashew nuts are eaten as whole popular as snacks. Cashew nuts are most widely used as a flavorful complement to appetizers and in main dishes and many types of desserts. In Indian cuisine, cashew nuts are often ground into paste for the preparation of shahi korma, shahi paneer, Navaratan korma and also used as whole to garnish in Indian sweets and desserts. They are used as a base in sauces and gravies, and can take on sweet properties for frostings and cookies. The cashew nuts are also used in cheese alternatives for vegans, typically in homemade cheese recipes. Cashews are a staple in vegan diets. Raw cashews can also be made into vegan milk (in a manner similar to almond milk) known as nut milk. They are an excellent source of protein and a natural source of energy. Cashew nuts are also very popular in North America and Europe not only for their succulent flavor but for health benefits too. It can be used as roasted, salted, sugared or covered in chocolate. The cashew nuts are a good source of Copper and magnesium. Cashew nuts have a lower fat content than most other nuts.
• Cashew nuts are a natural choice for Snack in early morning for the small children, young age and old aged people.
• Cashew nuts are used for seasoning in biscuits, cakes, Sweets and desserts.
• Cashew nuts are also used for the delicious sweet flavor in meat, fish and poultry.
• Add Cashew nuts Sultana, almonds, peppers and onions to brown rice to make a tasty side dish.
• Cashew nuts are used in preparing Biryani and pulao.
• Cashew nuts can be eaten with other nuts for a high-energy, protein and fiber-packed homemade snack or trail mix.
• Cashew nuts are used in making halwa by soaking it in a bowl full of water mixing it with other kinds of dry fruits and making paste in the grinder.
Health benefit and medicinal use:
• Cashew nuts are a good body builder and energizing food. Cashew nut has no cholesterol.
• Cashew nuts help to maintain healthy gums and teeth.
• Cashew nuts contain healthy monounsaturated fat that promotes good cardiovascular health, because monounsaturated fats reduce high triglyceride levels which are associated with increased risk for heart disease.
• Cashew nuts are rich in antioxidants that help in the elimination of free radicals that may cause some cancer.
• Cashew nuts are a good source of copper and magnesium; this mineral works with calcium to support healthy muscles and bones in the body.
• Cashew nuts have a high energy density and high amount of dietary fiber, both have been attributed to a beneficial effect on Weight management , but only when eaten in moderation
• Cashew nut consumption helps the body utilize iron, eliminate free radicals, develop bone and connective tissue, and produce the skin and hair pigment melanin.
Indian recipe: Navratan korma
• 100 grams french beans
• 100 grams carrots
• 100 grams potatoes
• 100 grams cauliflower
• 100 grams capsicums
• 100 grams paneer
• 100 grams cashewnuts
• 100 grams raisins
• 100 grams green peas
• 2 tomatoes
• 1 teacup curds
• 4 tablespoons ghee for deep frying,
• salt and sugar to taste, silver paper,
• pineapple pieces and a few cherries for decoration
To be ground into a paste
• 6 cloves garlic
• 2 Green Chillies
• 4 Kashmiri chillies
• 25 mm. (1″) piece Ginger
• 2 teaspoons Coriander Seeds
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1 teaspoon shah-jira
• 3 cardamoms
• Cut the french beans, carrots and potatoes into small cubes.
• Cut the cauliflower into big pieces.
• Boil the french beans, carrots, cauliflower and green peas.
• Deep fry the potatoes in ghee.
• Cut the paneer into small cubes and deep fry in ghee.
• Cut the capsicums into long strips.
• Grind the tomatoes with very little water.
• Whip the curds.
• Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the paste for a little time.
• Add the tomatoes and curds and fry again for a few minutes.
• Add the vegetables, cashew nuts, raisins, paneer pieces, salt and sugar and cook for a few minutes.
• Decorate with pineapple pieces, silver foil and cherries.
Other recipes made from Cashew nuts are:
• kaju roll
• kaju katli
• kaju barfi
• Mung dal halwa
• kesari bhat
• Kashmiri gosht
• Butter chicken
• Shahi paneer
• spicy Chicken Masala
Other names of cashewnuts are: Kaju, Cashu, Gajus, caju, Godambi, Jeedipappu, kadju, kasuvandi parippu, Kaschu, Cashew-Nuss, Cashew-Kerne, pomme cajou, cashewnoot.
Color: Cream color
Buy original ethnic TRS Cashew nut from www.indische-lebensmittel-online.de or www.online-indian-shop.com in Germany.