Chana Chaat Masala Mix, Spicy Masala Mix, Shan, 50g
Chana Chaat Masala Mix is a masala mix , which is used to prepare chana chaat masala instantly. Its an easy and delicious snack to make, specially if you use tinned chickpeas in brine. It is a popular snack in most Indian home . The Hindi words ‘chaat’ and ‘chaatna’ mean something you lick and to lick respectively. Moreover, due to its freshness and fragrance, it is widely used as a taste enhancer in various dishes. These Masalas have no added colors and are purely hygienic in nature.
Main Ingredients for Chana Chaat Masala Mix :
Paprika, Salt, Red Chilli, Coriander, Green Mango, Ginger, Cumin, Cinnamon, Fennel, Black Pepper, Fenugreek Seed, Carom, Bay Leaf, Citric Acid E330.
Recipe suggestion for Aaloo Chholay/Chana Chaat:
• Chickpeas /chana washed & soaked – 200g
• potato, peeled, boiled and diced – 100g
• sodium bicarbonate – 1 tsp
• Tamarind Juice – ½ cup
• Green Chillies finely chopped – 2-3
• lemon juice – 2 tbsps
• Shan Chana Chaat masala – 3-4 tbsps
1. Boil the soaked chana in 8 cups water. Cover and cook for 2-3 hours over a low heat.
2. Add the sodium bicarbonate, stir and cook for a further ½ – 1 hour until the chana is tender. There should be about 2 cups water left at the end of cooking.
3. Add the green chillies, potatoes, tamarind juice and Shan Chana Chaat and serve hot.
Buy Spicy masalas like Chana Chaat Masala Mix, Spicy Masala Mix from our online Indian grocery shop.