Chana Dal, Bengal Gram, Kadalai Paruppu, Channa,Split, NGR, 500g
Chana dal also known as dried split chick peas without seed coat, produced by removing the outer layer of black /brown chick peas and split a small yellow
color relative of the chickpeas in two half. Chana dal is the most popular dal in India and Pakistan which is regularly eaten with rice and roti. Chana Dhal
is a readymade source of protein for a balance diet containing little or no meat. Chana dal spicy curries, chana dal masala, chana dal Tarka, chana dal with
lauki are some of the very popular and delicious Indian dishes made from chana dal (Bengal Gram or Kadalai Paruppu). Chana dal legumes are powdered into
chickpeas Gram flour (besan or besin) used in making tasty and
traditional Indian desserts (Indian sweets: Besan laddu, besan halwa, besan bundi). Recipes made from chana dal are delicious, nutritious and
How to cook Chana Dal (Bengal Gram, Kadalai Paruppu) ?
Take 1 cup chana dal in a bowl and rinse it thoroughly in cold water. Soak it in 4 cups of water for 1 hour. As they take a long time to cook in a closed pan (30-40 min) so a pressure cooker is the best for cooking it which takes just 15 minute to cook it completely. Now cooked chan dal is ready to make varieties of traditional Indian recipes.
Indian Recipe: Chana dal masala curry
Recipe Ingredients for Chana dal masala curry:
• 1 cup Chana Dal
• 1 stripe Curry Leaves (or Dry Curry Leaves )
• 2 tbsp oil
• Pinch of Hing / Asafoetida
• 2 medium size onion, chopped
• 2 small tomato, finely chopped
• 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
• 2 green chillies
• 2 spoon chopped green Coriander Leaves
• 1 tsp Chili Powder
• 1 tsp Jeera
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 1 tsp Garam Masala
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• Salt as per taste
• First soak Chana Dal for 45 min in cold water.
• Heat a pan and put oil in it.
• Add mustard seeds, Jeera, Hing and Curry Leaves to the heated oil.
• Add onion, sliced green chilies and let it cook till light brown
• add Ginger Garlic paste and cook for few minutes
• add sliced tomatoes and salt to it and cook for 5min
• add garam masala, chili powder, turmeric powder and chana dal and mix it properly
• Now add some water, close the pan and let it cook for 20 minute
• Garnish with coriander
• Serve hot with rice or roti.
Other Indian recipes made from chana dal are:
• Chana dal Halwa
• Chana dal paratha
• Chana dal Pulao
• Chana dal with lauki (bottle gourd)
• Chana dal Pakoda
• Chana dal tarka
• Chana dal Chutney
• Dal panch ratn
• Bharda palya
Other names of chana dal are:
Channa Dhal, Chholar dal, Buta daali, Shanaga pappu, split Chickpeas without seedcoat, senegapappu, Kirchererbsen (German).
Taste: nutty flavor
Shape: split round and irregular
Buy original ethnic Chana dal from Online Shop for Indian Groceries and Spices in Germany and Europe.