Chunky Chat Masala, Spicy Masala Mix, MDH, 100g
Chaat masala or “chat masala” is a spice mix used widely for seasoning in various Indian cuisine
. MDH Chaat masala is a mix of hot and tangy spice that is used to spice up many snacks, salads, fruit salads, fruit juices, and some curries. MDH chaat masala has a pungent smell and tastes both sweet and sour. Just sprinkle 1-2 tsp. on your fruits/vegetables salad to enhance the flavor of the chat. MDH Chat masala contains Asafoetida, Amchur Powder and Indian Black Salt that distinguishes the chat masala from other masalas, giving the blend a sourness that makes it a welcome accompaniment to fresh fruit and other snacks. It can also be used to flavor all the popular fast foods of India like bhelpuri, golgappa, aaloo chaat and dahi puri. It is somewhat of an acquired taste and can be added to all sorts of everyday foods or even eaten on its own.
• Coriander Seeds
• Atlantic Sea Salt
• Dried Mango Slices
• Pomegrante seeds
• Musk Melon, Black Pepper Whole
• Indian Black Salt
• Kasoori Methi
• Mint Leaves
• Dry Ginger
• Bay Leaves
• Cardamom Green
• Nutmeg Husk .
Usage of Chaat masala:
• Chaat masala is a tangy spice that is used to spice up many snacks, salads, fruit salads, fruit juices, and some curries. Just sprinkle 1-2 tsp. on your fruit/vegetable salad, squeeze a little lemon juice/good vinegar, mix thoroughly and can be enjoyed well.
• Chaat Masala is the essential Indian spice blend, a tangy condiment that perks up the flavors of salads, legumes, fruit, grilled fish and meats, potatoes and other vegetables.
• Chaat Masala can be used either before or after cooking or used in place of regular salt.
• Chaat masala is used to spice for salads and savories.
• Chunky Chat Masala can also be sprinkled over waffles.
• Curries salted with Chaat Masala will develop a deliciously authentic flavor and fragrance.
Indian recipe: Cucumber & Tomato Chaat Salad
Recipe Ingredients to prepare Cucumber & Tomato Chaat Salad
• 1 small cucumber
• 1 tomato
• 1/2 small red onion
• 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped Cilantro
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped peeled, fresh Ginger
• 1/8 teaspoon toasted Jeera seeds
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1 teaspoon MDH Chaat Masala Mix
• Salt as per taste
• Black Pepper Whole as per taste
• Peel off the cucumber and wash it. Slice the cucumber into quarters lengthwise, then cut across the strips into 1/4-inch pieces.
• Dice the tomato.
• Chop the red onion.
• Combine the cucumber, tomato, red onion, green coriander leaves, ginger, and cumin seeds.
• At this point the salad may be covered and chilled for up to two hours until ready to serve.
• About five minutes before serving, toss the salad with the chaat masala and lime juice.
• Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve. It makes an ideal partner to dal, naan, raita, and curry dishes. It can be serve with western favorites – roast chicken, barbecued ribs, or chili con carne.
Other indian recipe using Chat masala are:
• Fruit salad chaat masla
• Tandoori chicken chaat masala
• Dahi vada
• Frozen vegetables boiled and sprinkled with chat masala
• cucumber raita
• Onion raita
Type: Mix spices powder
Taste: Sweet and sour
Colour: Light brown
Buy original ethnic Chunky Chat Masala, Spicy Masala Mix from our indian online shop.