Cinnamon Powder,Dalchini, Lavanga Pattai, TRS, 100g
Cinnamon is a spice obtained from the inner bark of cinnamon tree, native of sri lanka. In India it is commonly known as “Dalchini”. The sweet aroma and warm taste of cinnamon make very unique spice for cooking or baking Indian cuisine throughout India. Cinnamon has a unique anti-clotting action and is used to control blood sugar. TRS cinnamon powder is very useful in many ways. According to the Manufacturer, TRS Cinnamon powder in free from any artificial color and preservatives.
Use of Indian Cinnamon powder(Dalchini):
• It is principally employed in cookery as a condiment and flavoring material.
• It is used in the preparation of chocolate, especially in Mexico, which is the main importer of true cinnamon.
• It is also used in the preparation of some kinds of desserts, such as apple pie, donuts, and cinnamon buns as well as spicy candies, Tea , hot cocoa, and liqueurs.
• True cinnamon, rather than cassia, is more suitable for use in sweet dishes.
• In the Middle East, it is often used in savory dishes of chicken and lamb.
• Cinnamon powder is also used as home-made medicine
• In heart disease: Apply honey and cinnamon powder on bread instead of using jam or butter and eat it regularly for breakfast.
• Cinnamon powder mix with honey is a medicine for hair loss(massage on scalp) Arthritis(massage on affected part, Bladder infection and toothache it is also used in cough and cold, cinnamon powder boost immune system of body.
Indian recipe: Cabbage, Carrot and Onions Curry
Recipe Ingredients for Cabbage(also Carrot and Onion Curry):
• Cabbage- 1 medium grind
• Carrots, 1 cut in thin rounds
• Onions, -2 cut in thin slices
• Ghee-1 tablespoon
• Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
• Turmeric Powder -1/4 tsp
• Mustard Seeds -1/4 tsp
• Chili Powder -1/4 tsp
• Coriander(Dhania Powder)-1/4 tsp
• Cinnamon Powder -1/4 tsp
• Salt, to taste
Cooking Method for Cabbage:
• Heat a pan with ghee and onion, and fry till soft.
• Add mustard seeds, cook 30 seconds, and add cumin powder, coriander
• Powder and turmeric powder.
• Mix spices. Drop carrots in pan and stir it well.
• Put the lid on for 5 minutes.
• Add cabbage. Mix all the vegetables together.
• Add cinnamon powder, salt Salt , and chili powder.
• Put the lid on. Wait for 5 minutes. Turn over mixture in pan.
• Put the lid back on and leave it another 10 minutes.
• Garnish it with green Coriander Leaves .
• Serve hot with roti .
Other name: keyu manis, sweet wood powder, darchin, dalchini, Karuva, Pattai
Purchase Cinnamon Powder,Dalchini, Lavanga Pattai, TRS from online shop Indian Grocery at Low cost with best quality.