Cloves, Lavang, Krambu, Lavangam, Indian Spices, TRS, 50g
Cloves are the aromatic dried flower buds from the clove tree, which are very burning pungent in taste, strongly aromatic and rust-brown in color. Cloves are
originally from Indonesia. Cloves are used as spices in preparing many recipes in all over the world. Cloves are used in cooking either whole or in powdered
form. They are very strong in taste so it should be used sparingly. Cloves are used in almost all rich or spicy dishes as an ingredient of mix along with other
spices, one example of such spice mix is known as “ Garam Masala
“. In Indian cuisines, cloves are used as a whole in preparing pulao and are extremely used in Biryani
recipes to enhance the flavor of rice. Cloves are also key ingredients for Masala Chai (spiced tea). Cloves are one of the essential ingredients for
making Dutch speculaas, a type of shortcrust biscuit. Furthermore, cloves are used in traditional Dutch stews like “hachee”.
Usage of cloves:
• Cloves can easily overpower a dish, particularly when ground, so only a few cloves should be used.
• Whole cloves are commonly used to make pulao and biryani.
• Cloves are often used to enhance the flavor of soup, vegetables and meat.
• They are used in a number of spice mixtures including curry powders, garam masala, mulling spices and pickling spices.
• Cloves also figure in the flavor of catch-up, spicy sauce and curry sauce.
• They enjoy much popularity in North Africa and the Middle East where they are generally used in meat dishes; rice is also often aromatized with a few cloves.
• Cloves are very much helpful in the treatment of indigestion and respiratory alimentary
• Cloves oil is used on the gums to relieve toothache.
• Gargling with few drops of the clove oil in water will stop vomiting, and an infusion will relieve nausea. Essential oil of clove is effective against strep and pneumococcal bacteria.
• Cloves are said to have a positive effect on stomach ulcers, vomiting, flatulence, and to stimulate the digestive system. It has powerful local antiseptic and mild anesthetic actions.
• Cloves are helpful to reduce nausea and morning sickness during the pregnancy.
• Eating two whole cloves without chewing or swallowing them helps to curb the desire for alcohol.
• Clove contains antioxidants. Antioxidants help prevent the cell damage that scientists believe eventually causes cancer. The chemical eugenol, which is present in the clove has been found to be a weak tumor promoter, making clove one of many healing herbs with both pro- and anti-cancer effects.
• Clove oil is used as an oral anesthetic and it is also used to disinfect root canal. Cloves kill intestinal parasites and exhibits broad anti-microbial properties against fungi and bacteria, thus supporting its traditional use as a treatment for diarrhea, intestinal worms, and other digestive ailments.
Indian recipe: Murg korma
Recipe Ingredients for cook Murg korma:
• 1 kg chicken broiler-skinned and cut into pieces
• 1 cup onions-grated
• 1 tbsp oil
• 1 Bay Leaves
• 1 stick Cinnamon
• 1 tsp Ginger Paste
• 1 tsp Garlic Paste
• 1/2 cup yoghurt
• Salt as per taste
• Blend ginger, garlic and 3 tablespoons water into smooth paste.
• Heat a pan with oil.
• Add bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom pods, cloves and cumin seeds.
• Stir and add the chopped onions. Fry for about 3 minutes or until onions turn brownish.
• Add ginger-garlic paste.
• Add ground coriander, ground cumin and fry for a minute.
• Add the chopped tomatoes and fry for another minute.
• Add the chicken and mix it well.
• Add chili powder, salt and 1 cup water. Bring to boil. Cover turn heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes, turning chicken pieces over and cook it for another 5 minutes.
• Remove cover, add cream and cook on high heat for another 7-8 minutes or until sauce thickened. Stir gently.
• Garnish with the red onion slice and serve hot.
Other indian recipes made from cloves are:
• Peach cloves
• Clove and cardamom tea
• Raw spiced honey milk
• kadha with clove, ginger and tulsi
• Bread sauce
• Pumpkin roll
• Fried Bhindi
• Vegetable pulao
• Methi matar
• Clove cookies
Other names for cloves are: Grampoo, lavang, lavangam, Laung, Labango, Long Labanga, Lavanga Laving, Kraambu, Karayaamboovu, Kaaramb lavangalu, Lavanga, nelken, Gewürznelken, Nägeli.
Type: Dry spices
Color: Rust brown
Online indian grocery store to buy and sell Cloves, Lavang, Krambu, Lavangam, Indian Spices..