Cornmeal, Coarse Flour, Ground Maize Flour, TRS, 500g
Corn meal is the food prepared from fully mature, sound, ungerminated, whole kernels of maize by a grinding process in which the entire grain is comminuted to a suitable degree of fineness. In its preparation coarse particles of the ground maize kernel may be separated,reground and recombined with all of the material from which they were separated.
Ingredients for Green Chile Cornbread:
• cornmeal – 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp
• all purpose flour – 1 cup
• salt – 1 1/2 teaspoons
• baking soda – 1 teaspoon
• baking powder – 1 Tbsp
• sugar – 1/4 cup
• softened unsalted butter – 1/2 cup
• sour cream – 1/2 cup
• eggs – 2
• milk – 1 3/4 cups
• chopped, roasted green chiles – 2 cups
• corn – 1 cup
• shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese – 1 cup
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 8×12 inch baking dish.
2. In a large bowl mix the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In a separate bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar. Beat the sour cream and eggs to the butter sugar mixture. Add the milk and the dry ingredients, a third at a time and alternating wet/dry. Mix in the green chiles, corn, and shredded cheese. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
3. Bake for 35 minutes, until top is browned, the center springs back when pressed down, and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool almost completely before serving
Visit our online shop to purchase flours like Cornmeal, Coarse Flour, Ground Maize Flour at cheap rate.