Dhania Powder, Coriander Powder, Ground Spices, Malli Thul, TRS 100g
Coriander powder is a commonly used Ground spices around the world especially in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisines. Coriander powder is an important spice used in nearly almost all Indian curry dishes. Coriander powder is made by grounding Coriander Seeds , which are small rounded and yellowish brown in color with longitudinal ridge in between two halves of a seed. Coriander powder has a distinctive aroma of warm, nutty, spicy and nutty-flavor. Coriander powder has a thickening property when added to sauces, such as Indian curries. Coriander powder is also main ingredient used in preparing various spice mix like Garam Masala , Curry Powder and many other Indian Spices Mix . Coriander powder can be used in almost all kind of vegetarian as well as non vegetarian recipes.
TRS Coriander powder is 100% natural and contains absolutely no artificial flavor and preservatives. The ingredients used to prepare this recipe are made with traditional techniques to make sure that purity, freshness and flavor are properly retained.
How to use Coriander?
Coriander can be used either in grounded or in whole form depending upon the recipes. Whole Coriander can also be bought from our website www.online-indian-shop.com from “whole spices” section.
Indian recipe: Mixed vegetable curry
Recipe Ingredients for Mixed vegetable curry
• 750 g mix vegetables (Drumstick ,Potato, Brinjal, cut in to 1 inch pieces)
• 3 Tomato finely chopped
• 4 Onion finely chopped
• 2 Green Chilly Slit lengthwise
• 2 string Curry Leaves
• 5 Cloves Garlic finely chopped
• ½’ Ginger grated
• 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 3 tsp Red Chilli Powder
• 4 tsp Dhania Powder
• 1 tsp Garam masala powder
• 2 tsp Pepper Powder
• Salt – as per taste
• 2 tsp Unsalted Butter
• 4 tbsp Oil for frying
• 1 cup grated Coconut
• 6 Cashew Nuts
• Cilantro/ Coriander Leaves for garnish
• To grind: (cinnamon stick ½’, cloves and fennel seeds 1 tsp each)
• gring coconut and cashew into fine paste.
• Powder the Cinnamon , cloves and Fennel Seeds and keep aside.
• Boil water with 2 tsp salt, add the drumsticks and cook covered for 15mins.
• Drain the cooked Drumsticks and save the stock.
• Heat butter and oil in a pan.
• Add the powdered spices.
• Add the onions, Garlic , Ginger , Green Chilly and Curry Leaves . Saute till transparent.
• Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, Chili Powder , and Coriander Powder , Salt and saute till the oil comes out.
• Now add the potatoes and Brinjal , the drumstick stock and mix well. Cover and cook for 15mins.
• When the potatoes are well cooked, add the coconut, cashew paste and drumsticks. Sprinkle the garam masala powder and pepper powder and cook till the curry is thick with the oil floating on top.
• Garnish with cilantro.
• Serve with white plain rice.
Other indian recipes made from coriander powder are:
• Potato Dum Aloo
• Alu gobhi
• Dal Makhani
• Alu matar
• Mixed vegetable
• Kadai bhindi
• Chicken korma
• Navratan korma
Other indian names of coriander powder are: Dhania powder, coriandolo, Kothamalli, Kotthampal, Malli, varakothamalli, dhaniyalu, coriandi powder, Korianderpulver.
Taste: spicy and nutty flavor
Buy Dhania Powder, Coriander Powder, Ground Spices, Malli Thul at cheat rate from indian grocery shop online with best quality