Dry Curry Leaves, Kadipatta, Karuveppilai, NGR, 10g
Curry leaves, also known as “sweet neem leaves” in India, are dried aromatic green leaves of curry leaves plant. Curry leaves are different from Bay Leaves
or basil leaves. Curry leaves are extensively used in South Indian cooking, which adds a very distinct flavor and aroma to an assortment of Indian dishes in all
over Indian subcontinents. In Indian cuisine curry leaves are either used fresh or in some recipes the Vada
leaves should be oven dried or toasted immediately before usage. The leaves are most widely used for seasoning in southern and west-coast Indian cooking and Sri Lankan cooking, much like bay leaves.
Traditionally, curry leaves are toasted in hot oil in the cooking pan before any other ingredients are added. As they toast, the leaves start to release
volatile aromas and flavors which will infuse with the dish cooked in the pan. The leaves are left in the pan throughout the cooking process, and they can be
eaten or set aside later. Curry leaves used in curries are usually fried along with the chopped onion in the first stage of the preparation. They are also
used to make Sambhar
, thoran, Vada
, rasam and kadhi. The curry leaves can also be used in the form of chutney or juice. In Srilanka, the delicious chicken andbeef curries are flavored with curry leaves. The curry leaves are also used in making “kottu roti”. Curry leaves are also grounded along with other spices to
make spice powder. Dried curry leaves are grounded to form a powder and eaten along with rice as a compliment food in south India.
How to use?
Curry leaves are used either in fresh form or in dried. Fresh curry leaves are can also be bought from our website from www.indische-lebensmittel-online.de
from “Fresh vegetables” section.
Medicinal Uses of curry leaves:
• In some parts of Southeast Asia, curry leaves are chewed, because they are believed to be beneficial to digestion, and especially good for preventing diarrhea.
• Curry leaves are also known to be good for hair, for keeping it healthy and long.
• Taking fresh juice of curry leaves in early morning is highly beneficial in treating morning sickness, nausea and vomiting due to indigestion.
• The curry leaves ground to fine paste and mixed with butter milk can also be taken on an empty stomach which gives beneficial result in case of upset stomach.
• Tender curry leaves are valuable remedy for treating diarrhea, dysentery and piles.
• Curry leaves are taken with honey is helpful in bilious vomiting.
• Eating ten fresh curry leaves every morning for three months will help to prevent diabetes due to heredity factors.
• Curry leaves also have weight reducing properties.
• Curry leaves can be used to treat burns and skin eruptions.
• Fresh juice of curry leaves also prevent the early development of cataract.
• Curry leaves are useful in premature graying of hairs.
Indian recipe: Eggplant and Potato Curry
Recipe Ingredients to prepare Eggplant and Potato Curry :
• 1 tbsp oil
• 1 finely chopped onion
• 10 dried Curry Leaves
• 1/4 cup Korma Curry Paste
• 1kg potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
• 5 finger eggplants, trimmed, cut into 2cm-thick slices
• 400gm of diced tomatoes
• Atlantic Sea Salt
as per taste
• Heat the oil in a large frying pan or saucepan over medium heat.
• Add the onion and curry leaves and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is soft.
• Add and stir the korma curry paste into onion mixture and cook for 1 to 2 minutes till aromatic.
• Add potato and eggplant and stir until combined.
• Add tomato, salt and 1 cup of water and stir through.
• Bring it to boil, then reduce heat and simmer it for around 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
• Serve hot with rice or naan
Other indian recipes made from curry leaves are:
• Aloo and curry leaves curry
• Tarka dal with curry leaves
• Green dal curry
• Kondai kadalai kulambu
• Drumskick bringal tamrind curry
• fish in tamrind curry
• Eggspicy roast
• Moms chicken curry
• Chana dal with tomato and curry leaves
• Carrot and cabbage curry
Other names for curry leaves are: Meetha neem, curry patta, kadhi patta, mithi neem, Gondlimb, Currybaum, Bergera koenigii, Curryblatt.
Type: Dry leaves
You can Order and Buy Curry Leaves, Fresh, Kadipatta, Karuveppilai through Free shipping coupon’s.