Egg plant, fresh,Brinjal, Baingan, Indian Brinjal, 100g
Brinjal is a unique vegetable across India.Brinjal make a tasty accompaniment to your favourite curry and are great with Rice and other dishes.Brinjal also used to make Brinjal Pickle.
Recipe ingredients to prepare Brinjal Pickle:
• ½ kg long purple brinjals /egg plants / aubergines
• 3 tablespoons chilly powder
• 6 pods garlic
• 50 grams fresh ginger
• 1 cup vinegar
• 1 tablespoon mustard powder
• 1 teaspoon tumeric powder
• 1 cup refined oil
• 1 cup of sugar
• 2 tablespoons salt
• Wash and dry the brinjals well.
• Cut the brinjals into medium size pieces.
• Peel the ginger and garlic and chop into tiny bits.
• Heat the oil in a pan.
• Add the ginger and garlic and sauté on low heat for a few minutes.
• Add the chilly powder, mustard powder and tumeric powder and fry for a minute.
• Now add the brinjals and salt and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
• Add the vinegar and sugar and mix well.
• Cook till the sugar dissolves.
• Cool and store in bottles.
Visit our online grocery store website to buy Brinjal, Eggplant, Kathirikai at cheap rate .