Fennel Saunf, Sonf, Sombu, Perunjeeragam, TRS, 100g
Fennel is an authentic Indian whole spices used to enhance flavor of Indian cuisine.Fennels are commonly known as “saunf” in Indian subcontinent. Fennels are one of the oldest authentic Indian whole spices which are schizocarp dry fruit of aniseed plant. It has a sweet licorice like taste. Fennels are anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-oxidant. TRS-Fennels are most widely used in making many different delicious Indian recipes. Either whole or ground seeds are usually used to add distinctive flavors to Indian food. Fennels are widely used for flavoring curries, bread, soups, baked goods, dried fags , deserts, cream cheese, pickles , egg dishes, non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages. TRS-Fennels have essential oils which have a strong seasoning action. It can also be steeped in boiling water at home to produce a natural mouthwash. They are also used medicinally for indigestion. According to manufacturer, this TRS-Fennel is 100% natural and absolutely free from preservatives.
How to use Fennel Saunf ?
Fennnels are used raw to enhance flavor of Indian cuisine in either whole or ground seeds form.
Indian Recipe: Masala Tea
Recipe Ingredients to Masala Tea:
• 1 Tablespoon fennel
• 2 Cardamom Green pods
• 2 Cloves
• 1 Cinnamon stick
• 1/4″ ginger root, sliced thin
• 1/4 tsp Black Pepper corns
• 1 Bay Leaves
• 3 Cups water
Preparation Method to Masala Tea:
• Take all a heavy bottom pan with 2cups of water and add fennel seed, cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon stick, ginger root, black pepper corks and bay leaves.
• Bring to a boil, and simmer 5 minutes.
• Add 2 Tablespoon Darjeeling tea.
• Add 6 Tablespoon Honey or brown sugar.
• Add one 1 Cup milk
Fennel tea is useful in many different ways.
• Fennel’s tea makes an excellent expectorant as it helps loosen phlegm in the throat and lungs.
• Fennel Tea may help in the overall treatment of such respiratory ailments as colds, pneumonia, bronchitis and sinusitis.
• Fennel Tea stimulate in the supply of mother’s milk.
• Fennel Tea helps in the treatment of colic.
• Fennel Tea is effective in the treatment of indigestion and reduces flatulence and getting rid of hiccups.
Other recipes made from Fennel are:
• Chicken Stew with Fennel & Saffron
• Fennel and Acorn Squash Whip
• Fennel Chicken and Rice
• Fennel & Escarole Stuffing with Pine Nuts
• Five Spice Powder
• Flaming Fish
• Herb and Spice Roasted Cornish Game Hens
• Italian Fennel Pork Sausage
• Mustard Horseradish Potato Salad
• Roasted Eggplant Marmalade
• Stuffed Green Peppers
Other Indian names of Fennels are: fennel seed, anise, anis, Anise seed, Anise, Pimpinel seed, Sweet cumin, Saunf, Perso, Sompu, bedesoppu, Mouri, shombu, Peruncheeragam, Vaariyali, Badeeshop, Jitan Manis, Shorma, Fenchesamenl.
Color: Light green.
Taste: Sweet taste
Buy original ethnic Fennel Saunf, Sonf, Sombu, Perunjeeragam from Indian grocery shop online at cheap rate with best quality.