Garam Masala, Indian Spices Blend, Powder, NGR, 100g
Garam masala is the general staple spice of Indian curry. Garam masala whole is a mixture of many different authentic Indian spices. The name “Garam masala”comes from Hindi where garam means “hot” and masala means “spices”. These culinary spices are a treasured element of the finest cooking from ancient palaces of India to modern kitchen. Garam masala is available as a commercially-prepared ground mixture made from spices. Whole garam masala have the gourmet flavor.The aroma and taste of Garam masala is pungently warm and strong. Garam masala is one of the best known Indian spices which are most widely used to prepare many varieties of mild-spicy and hot-spicy Indian cuisine in Indian subcontinents. Garam masala is an essential ingredient in the cooking of the Punjab region of northern India. All authentic hot and spicy delicious Indian dishes take little effort to get authentic tastes with Garam masala. Garam masala when cooked with tomatoes and onions forms a wonderful aromatic and tasty curry for meats, eggplant, zucchini, Spinach , peas, potatoes and many other Indian dishes.Instead of buying different individual spices, this is also an economical way of buying a little of each Spices. Some of the hot spices in garam masala help promote perspiration which cools the body as moisture evaporates from the skin.
How to use garam masala?
Garam masala can either be used as whole or in grounded form depending upon the recipes. Grounded gram masala can also be bought from our website from www.indische-lebensmittel-online.de from “spices powder” section.
Uses of garam masala Powder:
• Garam masala is used to add with white basmati rice for a heavenly aroma and heart-warming taste.
• Garam Masala enhances the taste of lentils or use as an essential ingredient in pilaf and biryani.
• Garam masala is used to add to chicken or meat curry to boost flavor.
• Garam masala when cooked with tomatoes and onions forms a wonderful aromatic and tasty curry for meats, eggplant, zucchini, spinach, peas and potatoes.
• Garam masala is used in various curry recipes – coconut base curry, onion base curry, tomato base curry etc.
Indian recipe: Murghi Rasedaar (Chicken Leg Curry)
Recipe Ingredients to cook Murghi Rasedaar :
• 500 gm onion finely chopped
• 2 cloves Garlic chopped
• 1/2 cup Ghee
• 3 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 teaspoon grated green Ginger
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
• 1 teaspoon cayenne Pepper
• 8 chicken legs
• 1 50 ml plain yogurt
• 1 1/4 cups hot water
• Indian Black Salt as per taste
• 1 teaspoon Garam Masala , whole spices
• 1 brown Cardamom Green
• 2 green Cardamom Green
• 4 black peppercorns
• 4 Cloves
• 1 (2 inch) Cinnamon
• Heat a pan with ghee.
• Fry the onion in ghee until golden.
• Add the specified whole spices and stir for 2 minutes.
• Add the tomato puree, ginger, lemon juice, turmeric and cayenne and blend them well.
• Toss in the chicken legs and cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
• Stir the yogurt into hot water and salt, and pour the mixture over chicken in the saucepan.
• Stir once or twice.
• Bring to the boil, and then lower the heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes until the chicken is tender.
• Sprinkle garam masala over the mixture and leave for another 5 minutes.
• Serve hot with rice.
Other indian recipe made from Garam masala are:
• Chana masala
• Bhapa mach
• Lamb Chops
• Spinach curry
• Garam masala kabab
• Masala elaichi chicken
• Taj mahal chicken
• dam aloo
• kashmiri dam alu
• Dry minced meat
• Keema matar
• Chicken pulao
Other names of Garam Masala: hot spices, Aromatische Gewürzmischung.
Color: Mix of Black, grey and brown
You can buy Garam Masala, Indian Spices Blend, Garam Masala powder in our online grocery store.