Garam Masala powder is one of the best known Indian spices which are most widely used to prepare many varieties of mild-spicy and hot-spicy indian cuisine in Indian subcontinents. The name “Garam masala powder” comes from Hindi where garam means “hot” and masala means “spices”. Garam masala powder comes from the ground form of whole spice blend which is the general staple spice of Indian curry. The aroma and taste of Garam masala is pungently warm and strong.Garam masala powder is an essential ingredient in the cooking of the Punjab region of northern India. Garam masala powder is a mixture of many different authentic Indian spices . These culinary spices are a treasured element of the finest cooking from ancient palaces of India to modern kitchen. Garam masala powder is available as a commercially-prepared ground mixture made from various spices. All delicious hot and spicy Indian dishes take little effort to get authentic tastes with Garam masala powder. Garam masala powder when cooked with tomatoes and onions forms a wonderful aromatic tasty curry. Garam masala can be used to prepare currys for meats, eggplant , zucchini, spinach, peas, potatoes and many other Indian dishes. Some of the hot spices in garam masala powder helps to promote perspiration which cools the body as moisture evaporates from the skin.
TRS Garam masala powder is 100% natural and contains absolutely no artificial flavor and preservatives. The ingredients used to prepare this recipe are made with traditional techniques to make sure that purity, freshness and flavor are properly retained.
Recipe Ingredients for Garam masala:
Coriander Seeds , cumin seeds , trifla, Bay Leaves , Whole Red Chili , Fennel Seeds , Cardamom Black , Black Pepper , stone flower, nagkeshar, Cinnamon stick , Cloves and Star Anise .
How to use garam masala?
Garam masala can either be used as grounded or in whole form, depending upon the recipes. Whole gram masala can also be bought from our website from www.online-indian-shop.com from “whole spices” section.
Uses of garam masala whole:
• Garam masala powder is used to add to chicken or Meat Curry to boost flavor.
• Garam masala powder, when cooked with tomatoes and onions forms a wonderful aromatic and tasty curry for meats, eggplant, zucchini, Spinach , Peas and potatoes.
• Garam masala powder is used to prepare various mild spicy and hot spicy Indian cuisines .
• Garam masala powder enhances the taste of Lentils or Beans recipes.
• Garam masala powder is used in various curry recipes – coconut base curry, onion base curry, tomato base curry etc.
Indian recipe: Masala vegetable
Recipe Ingredients for Masala vegetables:
• 1kg vegetables (chopped potatoes, cauliflower florets and peas)
• 3 chopped Onion
• 1tsp fenugreek Seeds
• 1/2 cup chopped Coriander
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 tsp Chili Powder
• 4 tablespoons Oil
• 2 tablespoon garam masala
• 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
Cooking Method for Masala Vegetables:
• Heat a pan with oil.
• Add the fenugreek seeds.
• Add the chopped onion and cook it until it turns golden brown.
• Add the ginger- garlic paste
• Add the vegetables and fry it for 2 minutes.
• Add turmeric powder, salt and Chili Powder .
• Add the Garam masala and mix it well.
• Cover the pan with a lid and cook it on the medium flame.
• Cover and cook until the vegetable is cooked.
• Add the chopped green Coriander Leaves .
• Serve hot with roti , Naan , or Rice .
Other Indian recipe made from Garam masala are:
• Lamb Chops
• Spinach curry
• Garam masala kabab
• Masala elaichi chicken
• Taj mahal chicken
• Chana Masala
• Alu Muttar masala
• dam aloo
• kashmiri dam alu
• Dry minced meat
• Keema matar
• Chicken Curry
Other Indian names of Garam Masala: hot spices powder, Aromatische Gewürzmischung.
Purchase Garam Masala, Indian Spices Paste,Patak from indian grocery shop online at low cost with best quality.