Ginger Powder, Adrak, Inchi, Shunti, TRS, 100g
- Additional information
Ginger powder is an authentic Indian spices .Ginger powder is also known as “sonth” in India, which is buff-colored ground spice made from dried rhizome of Ginger . Ginger powder has a pungent hot, sweet and spicy flavor. Its aroma is subtle and spicy. Ginger is native to India and china. Ginger powder is extensively used in making spicy and sweet dishes, and Tea in India. Ginger is used to flavor all kinds of foods. It is included in recepie such as cakes, ginger cookies, gingerbread, pies, jams, candy, beer and ginger-soda. Ginger is often added to savory dishes such as meats, vegetables, Handpound Parboiled Rice , tofu, marinades, Pickles , sauces, Curry Paste , stir fries, and soups in Asian countries. In India, ginger is an indispensable condiment in the Malayali household. This fiery spice is also an essential condiment served with Japanese sushi and in Chinese Sichuan cooking.
Dried ginger is also used in preparing tea. Tea made of ginger (fresh or dry) is good for sore throat. Ginger tea is used as a home remedy for indigestion, nausea, and to ward off colds, flu, and sore throats. Ginger tea is prepared from ginger powder or, from fresh (or dried) ginger root. It helps to cleanse the body through perspiration.
How to use ginger powder?
Add ginger to dishes at the beginning of cooking for a mild flavor, and at the end to have a more pronounced effect.
Ginger powder can either be used as grounded or in fresh form depending upon the recipes. Ginger powder is very warm so it should be used just a little approximately half a teaspoon. Fresh ginger can also be bought from our website from www.online-indian-shop.com from “fresh vegetable section”
• Ginger powder is essential to Asian and oriental cookery.
• It is used in Pickles , Chutneys and Curry Paste and the ground dried root is a constituent of many curry powders.
• Dried ginger is mainly used in cakes and biscuits, especially ginger snaps and ginger-bread.
• Ginger is also used in Puddings , jams, preserves and in some drinks like ginger beer, ginger wine and Tea.
Medicinal use of Ginger:
• Ginger has long been ascribed aphrodisiac powers, taken either internally or externally.
• Ginger is most commonly known for its effectiveness as a digestive aid. By increasing the production of digestive fluids and saliva, Ginger helps relieve indigestion, gas pains, diarrhea and stomach cramping.
• Ginger root contains cancer-fighting antioxidants, hence useful for fighting factors that cause blood clots. The dried ginger root contains approximately 4% volatile oils that give ginger its characteristic odor and taste.
• Ginger and ginger spice can be beneficial for reducing cholesterol. It offers relief in the conditions of sore throat, cold & cough, and for nausea associated with pregnancy.
• Ginger is used for Atherosclerosis (heart disease), Asthma, Colds, Colic, Constipation, Cough, Eye diseases, Fever, Migraine headaches, Morning sickness, Motion sickness, Nausea, Rheumatoid arthritis, Urinary Incontinence, Vomiting, etc.
• Ginger has been found to be even more effective than Dramamine in curbing motion sickness, without causing drowsiness.
Indian recepie: Ginger tea
Recepie Ingredients for Ginger tea:
• 2 cups water
• 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon powdered Turmeric
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
• Lemon juice
Preparation Method for ginger tea:
1. Bring water to a boil, and then add powdered herbs . Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Strain tea into a flask; add maple syrup and lemon, stirring to combine. Drink warm.
Other recipes made from Ginger powder are:
• Green Tea
• Quaker drink
• Ginger ice green tea
• Ginger tea punch
• Honey ginger Tea
• Curry recipe
• Sambar Powder
• Black eye bean recipe
Other Indian names of Ginger are: Adrak, Adrakh, Sonth, Saunth, Ingee, Inji, Sonti, Adi powder, Adrak paowder, Ada (Kesa), Aale, Adu, Inchi, Allam(Pachchi), Ashi Shunti, Gember, Ingber, Imber, Immerwurzel, Ingwerwurzel, Ingewar.
Color: Yellowish brown
Taste: spicy and nutty flavor
shop Ginger Powder, Adrak, Inchi, Shunti from online indian grocery shop at cheap rate with best quality