Sesame Seeds, Til, Ellu, White, Heera, 100g
Sesame seeds are most commonly known as “Safed Til” in all over India. These are most widely used Panipuri Poori in Indian Cuisine. Sesame seeds are tiny, flat oval seeds with a nutty, sweet aroma, buttery-milk like taste and a delicate, almost invisible crunch. Sesame seed are one of the first recorded seasonings. It grows widely in India and Asia. In India, the seeds are sprinkled on baked goods and added to rice dishes, sauces, and stuffing. Sesame seeds are extensively used in making Indian desserts such as Til Pitha (sesame seeds ball),pinni (sweet sesame balls generally sesame seeds are mixed with jaggery to make a kind of sweet, and roasted mungfali In Cuban cuisine, sugar and white sesame seeds are combined into a bar resembling peanut brittle and sold in stores and street corners. sesame seeds are also used to marinate meat and vegetables.3In Tamil Nadu, sesame oil used extensively in their cuisine, Milagai Podi, a ground powder made of sesame and dry chili is used to enhance flavor and consumed along with other traditional foods such as idli.
How to use Sesame seeds ?
• Sesame seeds are usually added whole in bread muffins and cakes.
• In making curry recipe it is used as ground spice mix with other spices.
Use of Sesame seeds :
• The small sesame seed are used whole in cooking for its rich nutty flavor and also yields sesame oil.
• Ground and processed, the seeds can also be used in sweet confections. Sesame seeds can be made into a paste called tahini (used in various ways, including hummus bi tahini) and the Middle Eastern confection halvah. In India, sections of the Middle East, and East Asia, popular treats are made from
sesame mixed with honey or syrup and roasted.
• Sesame seeds add a nutty taste and a delicate, almost invisible, crunch to many Asian dishes. They are also the main ingredients in tahini (sesame seed paste) and the wonderful Middle Eastern sweet call halvah. They are available throughout the year.
• Sesame seeds add a great touch to steamed broccoli that has been sprinkled with lemon juice.
• Combine toasted sesame seeds with rice vinegar, tamari and crushed garlic and use as a dressing for salads, vegetables and noodles.
Recipe Ingredients for Sesame cookies:
• 1/2 cup Sesame Seeds
• 4 cups Maida
• 1 cup Sugar
• 1 cup Butter
• 3 Eggs
• 1 tablespoon Cake Seeds (Caraway Seeds)
• 1/2 cup Milk to mix
• Salt a pinch
• 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
Preparation Method for Sesame Cookies:
1. Sieve flour with salt and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Add sugar, butter, 2 eggs, and cake seeds, blend well.
3. Add milk little by little and knead to smooth dough.
4. Roll out on a floured board 1cm thick and cut out with fancy cookie cutters.
5. Brush with remaining egg (well beaten) and sprinkle heavily with sesame seeds.
6. Place on a greased baking tray.
7. Bake in a moderate oven for 10 minutes.
8. Cool and keep aside. Good to be served with tea.
Other names of sesame seeds are: Ajonjolí , sésamo , benne ,gingelly , shumshum, simsim ,sousami , vanglo, sesam
Taste: Nutty flavor
Order Sesame Seeds, Til, Ellu, White, Heera from online shop Indian grocery at cheap rate with Best Quality.