Idli Instant Mix, South Indian Special, Steamed Rice Cake, Gits, 200g
Traditionally Idli are served with Sambar and different types of chutneys made from Coconut , Peanuts Raw ,chana dal, etc. The process of making Idli is a long and tedious process, as it requires soaking dal and rice for overnight and later grinding to start preparation. It takes a long time to prepare a batter which is required to ferment for a long time to make idli spongy and soft. All climates do not encourage overnight fermentation. Instant preparations solve this problem. So to save the efforts, there is an MTR-Instant-Idli -mix which is easy to use and prepare delicious and crispy dosa within minutes. MTR-instant-Idli-mixes are much more convenient because they save soaking and grinding time. These idli mixes can be instantaneously soaked in sour curd and water followed by making soft idli in the idli vessel.Soft and light idli are served best with Sambar and coconut Chutney .This mix can also be used to make another popular Indian pancakes called as “Uttappam”, in which the batter is mixed with chopped Onions and Green Chillies before cooking.Idli are a very popular and staple breakfast of south India which is made from urad dal and Idli Rice . Idli are a thick soft fluffy and light as feather like pancake which are rich in carbohydrates and proteins. Idli are one of the healthiest and most suggested and made breakfast items not only in South India but also in all over India. Idli are very easy to cook and can be consumed even by patients. It is also healthy and suitable diet for vegetarians.
• Mix 1 measure of MTR instant Idli mix with 1/2 measures of sour curd. Stir to a smooth batter and set aside for 10mins. The consistency of the batter should be thick enough to thickly coat on a spoon when dipped.
• After 1 min, add 1 measure more of sour curd and mix well.
• Alternately, batter can also be prepare with 1 measure of water and 1/2 measure of curd.
• Add pieces of green chillies, ginger and chopped curry leaves for added flavor. Mix it well and leave it for 10 minutes.
• Gently stir the mixture before use.
• Grease the idli plates or Idli vessel.
• Take a ladle of batter and pour into the moulds.
• Steam in the pressure cooker for 10-12 minutes.
• Remove the plates and wait for some time .Using a broader spoon remove the idlis from moulds.
• Serve hot with sambar and your favorite chutney.
Type: Fine powder
Buy South Indian Special Instant Iddly Mix from the house of GITS at our online store.Log on www.online-indian-shop.com