Instant String Hoppers, Red, Ready to Eat, Sri Lanka, Rabeena, 250g
Instant String Hoppers, is used to prepare Red string hoppers. In olden days,it is made from rice noodles curled into flat spirals,but it is time consuming process.By using this mix,can prepare string hoppers with in few minutes. It is served for breakfast with a thin fish or chicken curry, containing only one or two pieces of meat, a dhal dish, and a spicy sambol or fresh chutney. String hoppers are made from steamed rice flour made into a dough with water and a little salt, and forced through a mould similar to those used for pasta to make the strings. They are cooked by steaming. These hoppers can be bought ready-made. The Indian and Sri Lankan population eats String Hoppers for breakfast or dinner. There are many variations to this, depending on the type of flour used.
Ingredients for String Hoppers:
• Idiyappam flour – 1 cup
• Water – approximately 1 – 1 1/2 cups
• Oil – 2 tsp
• Salt as required
How to cook String Hoppers ?
1. Boil water well, add salt and oil to it.Add the water little by little to the rice flour and make a soft dough. Knead it well.
2. Grease the inside of the idiyappam maker with oil and fill it with the prepared dough and press it in a circular motion on idly plate in the form of long strings.
3. Steam it for 10-15 minutes. use idly pot for steaming.
4. Served as such with stew, sweetened coconut milk, coconut chutney, Kurma or any gravy of your choice.
Type: Instant mix
Buy Instant String Hoppers, Red from our online Indian grocery store.