Ivy Gourd, fresh, Kovakkai, Tindora, 200g
- Additional information
Ivy gourd is also known as baby watermelon, little gourd.There are a variety of recipes from all over the world that list ivy gourd as the main ingredient. It is often compared to bitter melon.In India it is eaten as a curry, by deep-frying it along with or without chilli and garlic; stuffing it with masala and sauteing it, or boiling it first in a cooker and then frying it. It is also used in sambar, a vegetable and lentil-based soup.
Kovakkai Varuval Receipe:
Ingredients for Kovakkai Varuval
• Kovakkai ( ivy gourd ) – 1/4 kg
• Khaskhas – 1 tsp
• Bengal gram dal – 1 tsp
• Fried gram – 1 tsp
• Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
• Red chilli – 3
• Salt – as needed
• Oil – as needed
Method of Preparation :
1. Dry fry bengal gram dal, fried gram, coriander seeds, red chilli, khaskhas, powder and set aside.
2. Cut kovakkai into long thin slices.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan.
4. Add kovakkai, salt and cook on a low flame.
5. When it is cooked, add powdered masala, fry and set aside.
Type : Vegetable
Colour : Green
Visit our online Indian grocery store to purchase fresh Ivy gourd, Kovakkai at Germany.