Jalfrezi is a type of curry in which marinated pieces of meat or vegetables are fried in oil and spices to produce a dry, thick sauce. It is cooked with green chillies, with the result that a jalfrezi can range in heat from a medium dish to a very hot one. Typically those eating jalfrezi cool it down by combining it with cream. When you cook it up, you really do get a wonderfull aromatic and tasty curry.
How to Prepare:
• 2 cloves of garlic
• a thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger
• a small bunch of fresh coriander
• 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
• 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
• 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
• 1 teaspoon turmeric
• ½teaspoon sea salt
• 2 tablespoons groundnut oil
• 2 tablespoons tomato purée
• 1 fresh green chilli
• 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
To make Jalferzi paste:
• First peel the garlic and ginger
• Put a frying pan on a medium to high heat and add the spices for toasting to the dry pan.
• Lightly toast them for a few minutes until golden brown and smelling delicious, then remove the pan from the heat
• Add the toasted spices to a pestle and mortar and grind until fine, or put them into a food processor and whiz to a powder • Either way, when you’ve ground them whiz the toasted spices in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients until you have a smooth paste
Type: Fine-grained Paste
Taste: Mild Spicy
Buy Jalfrezi Paste, Indian Cooking Paste from online Indian grocery Shop in Germany.