Jeera Powder, Cumin Powder, Seerakam, Jeerakam, Jilkara, TRS
Cumin or cumin seeds are tiny seeds with boat shaped tapering at each point with a tiny stalk, hairy and brown in color. Cumin seeds are aromatic spice with a
distinctive bitter flavor and strong, warm aroma due to its abundant oil content. Cumin seed has striped pattern of nine ridges and oil canals. Cumin seeds are
a popular ingredient in Middle Eastern, Asian, Mediterranean and Mexican cuisines. Cumin seeds are used as main ingredient of most Curry Powder
and many savory spice Navratan Mixture
, and are used in stews, grills – especially lamb – and chicken dishes. They are also used in making Pulao or plain cumin rice. Cumin
seeds are one of the important spices in five spice mixture, “ Panch Phoron
• Cumin seeds are stomachic, diuretic, carminative, stimulant, astringent, emmenagogic and antispasmodic.
• It is valuable in dyspepsia diarrhea and hoarseness, and may relieve flatulence and colic.
• In the west, cumin seeds are now used mainly in veterinary medicine, as a carminative, but it remains a traditional herbal remedy in the East.
• It is supposed to increase lactation and reduce nausea in pregnancy.
• It has been shown to be effective in treating carpal tunnel syndrome, indigestion, and morning sickness.
Indian recipe: Cumin potato
Recipe Ingredients to cook cumin Potato:
• 1 pinch Atlantic Sea Salt
, to taste
• 2 tablespoons fresh Coriander Leaves
• Heat the Oil in a pan.
• Add the cumin seeds and fry it until they turn golden color
• Add the boiled Potato cubes and stir it well.
• Add the turmeric powder and mix it well with potatoes.
• Add the salt and fry potatoes till 10 minutes.
• Stir it and cook it until they turns crispy golden brown.
• Turn off the heat and garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Other recipes made from coriander leaves are:
• cumin seeds refresher(Jal-Zeera)
• cumin seeds appetizer
• Cumin rice
• Carrot ginger and cumin
• Spicy cumin pasta
• Deep fried okra
• Peanut and cumin chicken
• Spicy potato
• Fried rice
• Bean fry
Other names of cumin seeds are: jeera, jeere, cummin seeds, Jiragum, kemun, jira, Jilakara, Jilakarra, Kreuzkümmel.
Color: Light brown
Taste: Slightly Nutty
Most Trusted Shopping Website to Buy and sale Jeera, Cumin, Seerakam, Jeerakam, Jilkara.