Kalonji, Black Onion Seeds, Nigella, Vengaya Vidhai, TRS, 100g
The Block Onion Seeds is an authentic Indian spice used for flavoring in many delicious Indian Cuisines.Black onion Seeds are a tiny triangular shaped seed which is locally known as “kalonji” in India. Black onion seed gives off an onion flavor to any dish. Black onion seeds are mainly used in preparing Indian dishes like curry recipe, parathas , puri and pickles(Achcharu) . They are also used in making in Mango Pickles and salad. Black Onion seed has a suitable flavor which is often used to enhance vegetarian Indian recipes. TRS-Black- onion- seed are mixed with four other spices (Fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, ajwain seeds and mustard seeds) to make “Panch-Phoran” spice, which makes the great spices combination used most frequently in Bengali cooking. They are also used to prepare different kind of bread and Naan. TRS-Black–onion- seeds are not only used in Indian cuisine but also they are very useful for medical reasons as well. It has been traditionally used for a variety of conditions and treatments related to respiratory health, stomach and intestinal health, kidney and liver function, circulatory and immune system support. TRS–Black-onion- seed are very good quality seeds which are free from any impurities.
How to use Black Onion Seeds(Nigella,Kalonji,Vengaya Vidhai)•
Black onion seed are used either as a whole or sometime roasted seeds are used.
Indian recipe: Mooli ke parathe
Recipe Ingredients for Mooli ke parathe:
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• 2 medium sized grated white radish
• 2 green chilies finely chopped
• Chopped green coriander
• 1/2 teaspoon Ajwain (oregano seeds)
• 1/2 teaspoon Black onion seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder(Jeera Powder)
• 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder(Dhania Powder)
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric Powder
• Salt as per taste
• oil for sautéing
Preparation Method for Mooli Ke Parathe:
• Take a fresh radish, Wash it properly, and then grate the radish.
• Now take 2 cups of wheat flour and add all the ingredients together and about 1/2 tablespoon oil in the flour (from flour to salt).
• Knead the dough well. (Will not need water as the radish has water content).
• Divide the dough into equal sized balls.
• Roll out the dough ball into round shape with the help of little flour.
• Now heat the flat bottom pan and place the paratha on pan and add oil to all sides.
• Turn it up and cook it well.
• Serve hot with pickle or yogurt.
Other Indian recipes made by using black onion seeds are:
• Bengal Red Lentils
• Bengali fish curry Fish Curry
• Five spice mix Panchphoran for vegetables
• Kari Quail
• Naan bread
• Raja sahib’s vegetable curry
• Maya’s potato
• Namak mangrail puri
• Nimki (namak pare)
• Onion ke parathe
Other Indian names for Black-onion seed are: Roman coriander, Black caraway, Black seed, Fennel flower, Nutmeg flower, Kala jeera, Black cumin, karum cheerakam, kalaungi, karim jeerakam, mangrail, siyah daneh, ketzeh, Echter schwarzkommel.
Taste: Nutty flavor
Order Kalonji, Black Onion Seeds, Nigella, Vengaya Vidhai, TRS from Indian Grocery online shop at cheap rate(Low cost) with best Quality