Kasoori Methi, Fenugreek Leaves, MDH, 100g:
Kasoori Methi leaves are most widely used as seasoning for many Indian dishes like curry, Kofta, Curry Masala, Chana Masala, and are often encountered in the cuisine of the Indian subcontinents. Kasoori/Qasoori Methi, more popular for its appetizing fragrance, comes originally from Qasur, Pakistan. Kasoori Methi is also grown in the regions irrigated by the Sutlej River in the Indian and Pakistani states of Punjab. The young leaves of fenugreek are used as greens, and the fresh or dried leaves are used to flavor other dishes and in the preparation of Spinach Palak Paneer. The dried leaves also called “kasturi Methi” have a bitter taste and a characteristically strong smell. Kasoori Methi are more popular for its appetizing fragrance, comes from the leaves are used in dried form to mix with rice, since the health benefits of leaves to the diet, in moderate quantities. Fenugreek green leaves curry is a very popular Indian curry cooked in the major sub-continental region of India and Pakistan, usually together with potatoes and/or spinach, and eaten with Roti, Naan (flatbread) and/or rice. Kasoori Methi is usually soaked in water for 10 minute before use. It can be eaten for an Indigestion or constipation. Kasoori Methi are often made for the purpose of regaining strength in the body and given to athletes and women after childbirth. MTR Kasoori Methis are of high quality and can be used directly in preparing many dishes.
Uses of kasoori methi:
Kasoori Methi can be best used for the following :
• Main ingredients for making Alu-Methi Mix vegetable used a main dish.
• Added together to wheat flour to make Kasoori Methi mix Poori, methi mix Paratha or methi mix roti. It can also be used to prepare exotic Indian Recipe which is used as main dish.
• Used to make Indian Cuisine more tasty and flavored by adding Kasoori Methi in the final step of making Palak Paneer, Malaye kofta and Matar Paneer.
• Kasoori Methi is added together to vegetable like Brinjal and spinach to make healthy Indian main dish Recipe which can be eaten best with Naan or Roti.
Indian Recipe: Alu-Kasoori Methi Mix sabji.
Recipe Ingredients to cook Alu-Kasoori Methi Mix sabji:
• Kasoori Methi 50 gram
• Potatoes (alu) 3 medium size cut into small cubes.
• Small Onions 1 medium size chopped finely
• Methi Seeds ½ teaspoon
• Turmeric Powder -1/2 teaspoon
• Chilly 1medium size
• Garlic -1 clove chopped
• Salt as per taste
• Oil 1 tablespoon
• Soak 50 gram Kasoori Methi in a bowl full of water.
• Heat a pan with oil, add Methi seeds, chopped green chili and garlic chopped and let it turn golden color.
• Add the finely chopped onion in it fry till golden brown color.
• Add small cubes of Potato and fry it.
• Add salt and Turmeric powder and fry it for 2 minute.
• Drain the excess water from the soaked Kasoori Methi and add it in the frying potato, cook it for 5 minutes.
• Healthy and delicious Kasoori Methi with aloo is ready to serve with Roti ,Naan, or rice.
Other indian recipe made from Kasoori methi are:
• Kasoori Methi Malai Matar Paneer
• Tomato Curry with Kasuri Methi and Peas Recipe
• Alu Kasoori methi bhajji
• Bread pakora
• paneer makhni
• kadai chicken
• Lima beans curry
• Keema curry
• Paneer tikka
• Lazeez mushroom
• Dal Makhni
Other names of Kasoori methi are: Methya, Menthil, Kasturi methi, Qasoori methi, Greek hay, Uluva, Bockshornklee, Piskavica,Menthya, Vendayam, Methikoora, Uluva, Piscavica, Uluhaal, Hilbeh, Bockshornklee.
Type: Dry Methi leaves
Color: Dark Green
Visit our site to buy kasoori methi,Fenugreek Leaves at cheap and best price.