Kithul Jaggery Syrup, Wien Palm, Vellam, Sri Lanka, MD, 750ml
Jaggery is made from the juices of crushed sugar cane and the used palm tree.It is Prepared under most hyginic Circumstances,and it is chemical free.It has a sweet, caramel flavor and can be used to prepare many Indian festival recipes instead of regular sugar like vermicilli kheer,Sweet Pongal,Indian Desserts.It contains little salt taste too.It contains 50 times more nutrition than refined sugar and 5 times more than brown sugar. It is used in India,Sri lanka,Bangladesh,
Uses of Jaggery:
• Jaggery, apart from households pupose it is used as a sweetener and a taste maker and also used extensively in food and beverages industries.
• It is used to make chocolates,candies, sorbets, health tonics such as Chyavanprash, syrups and for making alcoholic beverages, particularly Rum.
• It has other industrial applications too.
1.It is called as medicinal Sugar because it cures Dry Cough,Cough with Sputum,Indigestion,Constipation.
2.It Purifies blood,prevent rheumatic afflctions and bile disorders.
3.It fights with pollution,helps to breath easier.
4.It used in many ayurvedic medicines.
5.It contains iron,magnesium,posphorous,calcium,selenium.
6.It act as antioxidants and used to treat anemia.
7.It reduces high blood pressure.
Indian Recipe:Sweet Pongal
Recipe Ingridients for Sweet Pongal:
• Raw rice – 3/4 cup
• Moongdal – 3 tblsp
• Jaggery – 1 cup(reduce to 3/4 cup according to the sweetness of jagerry)
• Cashewnuts – 10
• Raisins – few
• Elachi powder a pinch
• Ghee – 3 tblsp
• Milk – 1/4 cup
1. Wash the rice and moongdal and pressure cook both of them together.
2. In a kadai,add a tblsp of ghee and fry the cashewnuts and raisins seperately till golden brown,Keep aside.
3. Add jaggery in the kadai and add afew tblsp of water to it.
4.Stir well till the jaggery melts and filter the impurities..
5. Again heat the jaggery syrup in the kadai for 5 mins.
6. Mash the cooked rice nicely by adding milk to it.
7. Add the rice mixture to the jaggery syrup.
8. Add ghee ,elachi powder to it.
9. sGarnish with cashew and raisins and transfer to a serving bowl.
Other Jaggery Recipe:
• Jackfruit Payasam.
• Coconut Poli,
• Peanut balls,
• Seasam balls,
• Garlic curry.
Other names of jaggery:
• Sarkkara or Chakkara
Color:Yellow or brown
Buy Kithul Jaggery, Raw Sugar Balls, Vellam from our online grocery store.