Kurakkan Flour, Ragi Flour, Millet Flour, Sri Lanka, NGR, 900g
Raagi is a kind of millet. It contains high proteins and has advantages of slow digestibility and high calcium content. High-protein biscuits are made with raagi
flour.The white grain varieties of raagi have more thiamine and protein. Raagi flour is used in the preparation of rotis , dosa , porridge, and other foods.Raagi flour is also known as Kurakkan flour in Karnataka, India. This ground raagi flour can also be consumed with Milk , boiled water or yogurt.Raagi flour recipe made peoples to keep active throughout the day if they take this at morning timings.
Indian Recipe: Mini Green Theplas
Recipe Ingredients for Mini Green Theplas:
For The Topping:
• Jowar (white millet) flour – 1/4 cup
• Soya flour – 1/4 cup
• Red millet (ragi / nachni) flour – 1/4 cup
• Oats flour – 1 cup
• Finely chopped Spinach – 1 cup (palak)
• Sesame Seeds – 1 tbsp (til)
• Ginger -green chilli paste – 1 tbsp
• Garlic (lehsun) paste – 2 tsp
• Turmeric Powder (haldi) – 1/2 tsp
• Oil – 1/2 tsp
• Few drops lemon juice
• a pinch of sugar
• salt to taste
• oil for cooking – 2 tsp
For the topping:
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients and sauté for another 2 minutes.
3. Divide the topping into 16 equal portions and keep aside.
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
2. Divide the dough into 16 equal portions and roll out a portion into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter thick circle, using a little jowar flour for rolling.
3. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook it, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
4. Repeat with the remaining portions to make 15 more mini theplas.
5. Spread a portion of the topping evenly over each mini thepla and serve immediately.
Other recipes from Raagi Flour:
• Bajra Methi Khrasakh,
• Baked Puri,
• Buckwheat Dhoklas,
• Colocasia Rotis,
• Masala Baked Twisters,
• Nachni Methi Muthias,
• Raagi Upma.
Purchase Kurakkan Flour, Ragi Flour, Millet Flour from our online Indian shop.