Major Grey Chutney, Indian Relish, Patak, 340g
Major Gray Chutney, an authentic Indian chutney made from fresh mangoes, aromatic and whole spices. It can only be made properly with quality whole mangoes, freshly picked at exactly the right time. Its a finest Indian spices are selected to produce a unique tasting chutney, with all natural ingredients it is truly an exciting eating experience. Serve as a meal accompaniment or with Indian breads and papadums.
Ingredients to prepare Major Grey Chutney:
• chopped mango, about 5-6 medium – 4 cups
• dark brown sugar – 1 cup
• apple cider vinegar – 1 cup
• yellow onion, chopped coarsely – 1 cup
• golden raisins – 3/4 cup
• lime, seeded, chopped – 1/2 cup
• ginger root grated – 1/2 cup
• peeled, seeded and chopped orange – 1/2 cup
• molasses – 1/2 cup
• peeled, seeded and chopped lemon – 1/4 cup
• garlic minced – 3 cloves
• mustard seed – 1 T.spoon
• dried red pepper flakes – 1 T.spoon
• ground cinnamon – 1 tsp.
• ground cloves – 1/4 tsp
• ground allspice – 1/4 tsp
• finely chopped fresh cilantro – 2 tbsp
1. Combine mangoes, sugar, vinegar, onions, raisins, lime, ginger root, orange, molasses, lemon, garlic, mustard seed, red pepper flakes and cook for
about 30 minutes, stirring often.
2. Add cinnamon, cloves, allspice and cilantro and cook for about 10 minutes more, until chutney starts to thicken.
3. Ladle chutney into a hot jar to within 1/2″ of top rim .
4. Remove air bubbles by sliding a rubber spatula between glass and food; readjust head space to 1/2″.
5. Wipe jar rim removing any stickiness. Top with a lid and band, tighten to finger tight.
6. Process 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1,000 ft.
Visit our online Indian Shop to buy Major Grey Chutney, Indian Relish, Patak at cheap rate with best quality.