Methi Seeds, Fenugreek, Vendhayam, Methi Dana, TRS, 100g
Methi seeds, or “Methi daane” in India, are cuboids shaped, yellow to amber in color and bitter in taste. Methi seeds are most widely used as whole spices in almost all spicy Indian cuisine.Methi seeds are used for seasoning in Indian vegetable dishes. Methi seeds are frequently used in the preparation of Mixed Pickle, Madras Curry Powder, Ginger Garlic Paste and spice mixtures or powder. The seeds are used as a whole or in powdered form. Methi seeds powder can also be mix with rice which is very healthy dish in itself. Methi seeds are rich in Protein calcium phosphorus and iron. Methi seeds are also used as natural herbal medicines for the treatment of diabetes. Long term Methi seeds are helpful to reduce deposits of fat in the body and lower cholesterol. Sprout Methi seeds are helpful in controlling Diabetes.
Usage of methi seeds(Fenugreek):
• Methi seeds are used as condiments and for flavoring agent.
• Methi seeds are used to cure diarrhea.
• An herbal tea made from Methi seeds is highly beneficial in reducing temperature in fever.
• Methi seeds are also used to prevent hair loss.
• Eating one teaspoon of Methi seeds (soak Methi seeds in water the previous night and then grinding it to extract a paste) in the morning is found to be highly beneficial in the treatment of diabetes.
• Methi seeds are nourishing and rejuvenating with the properties of stimulant. Powder of Methi seeds is used to cure, constipation. Loss of appetite, abdominal distension and stomach disorder.
Medicinal usage of methi seeds:
One Tablespoon of dried Methi seeds will yield about 3 tablespoon of Methi seeds. First Soak 1 tablespoon of Methi seeds in 1 cups of water overnight.
Then drain the extra water and rinse in water at room temperature. Cover the pot containing Methi seeds with a thick cloth. It will take at least 8 hours to
sprout. Eating one teaspoon sprout Methi seeds are highly beneficial in the treatment of Diabetes.
Indian Recipe: Methi seeds curry
Recipe Ingredients to prepare Methi seeds curry :
• Methi Seeds –2teaspoon
• Coconut –3teaspoon
• Jaggery –1teaspoon
• Tamarind Paste 1 teaspoon
• Sesame Seeds –1teaspoon
• Dry Red Chillies –2
• Atlantic Sea Salt as per taste
• Oil—2 tablespoons
• Turmeric Powder —1tablespoon
• Mustard Seeds –1teaspoon
• Roasted Gram Dal -1teaspoon
First fry 1tsp of Sesame Seeds with adding Oil till it changes to brown. Then take a grinder add coconut, dry red chillies, tamarind, jaggery, salt, water,
roasted sesame seeds, turmeric powder, mustard seeds, roasted gram and grind coarsely.
• Heat a pan with oil.
• Add the mustard seeds let it popped.
• Add the Methi seed fry till it changes to brown color.
• Add the dry red chillies fry for a minute.
• Then add the grinded masala, little water and allow becoming thick gravy.
• Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves.
• Serve hot with rice, chappti or roti.
Other indian recipe made from Methi seeds(Fenugreek) are:
• Methi dose
• Methi and toor dal curry
• Palak methi fry
• Methi pakoda kadhi
• Methi chole
• Methi fry
• Onion chilli gojju
• Methi and fish curry
• Arvi curry
• Methi soup
• Methi sprouts
• Methi and Mung fry.
Other names of Kasoori methi are: Fenugreek Seeds, Methi Dana, Methi Paleng, Methi, Methi Dane, Methi Vendhayam, French Chikkudu, Menthe, Hilbeh, Bockshornklee samen, Bockshorn Samen.
Color: Yellow to amber
To Buy original ethnic Methi Seeds, Fenugreek, Vendhayam, Methi Dana,Visit our online Indian grocery shop.