Moong Beans, Whole Mung Beans, Green Gram, Paasi Payaru, TRS, 2Kg
Whole Mung Dal which is also known as “Green beans” are one of many common type of beans used in Indian cooking specially in Bangladesh. Mung beans are small green legumes used in making different types of delicious Indian recipes. Mung beans can also be used as whole beans for the purpose of making Sweets soups, appetizer, side dishes and many varieties of Indian dessert. They are generally eaten either as whole or as bean sprouts, which is the source of high protein in Indian foods. Whole mung beans are generally prepared from dried beans by boiling until they are soft. Mung beans can be combined with brown or white rice, cracked Wheat or oatmeal to make a Spicy Indian dish meal known as khichari. whole Moong Beans can also be combined with vegetables and greens to make hearty soups or ground into flour to be used to make crepes or added to breads. Turmeric, cumin, dried ginger and coriander are some spices that work very well with mung beans.
How to sprout Mung beans ?
One cup of dried whole Moong Beans will yield about 3 cups of sprouted beans. First Soak 1 cup of Whole Mung beans in 4 cups of water overnight. Then drain the extra water and rinse in water at room temperature. Cover the pot containing beans with a thick cloth. It will take at least 12 hours to sprout.
How to cook Mung beans?
Take sprouted Mung beans in the pressure cooker or closed pan. Add some water and cook on high level for 10 minutes till the beans are soft. Now soft Mung is ready for making varieties of delicious Indian recipes.
Indian Recipe: Mung sprouts Curry
Recipe Ingredients for Mung Sprouts Curry :
• Moong Beans Sprouts: 3 Cups
• three Small Onions Finely chopped: 1
• Garlic : 2 cloves
• Ginger : 1/2 piece
• Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
• Turmeric : 1/2 tsp
• Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder): 1 tsp
• Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp
• Red Chili Powder : 1 tsp or as per taste
• Amchur Powder : 1/2 tsp
• Hing (asafoetida): Pinch
• Oil: 3 tsp or as per your taste
• salt: as per taste
• • Coriander leaves for garnishing
Preparation Method for Moong Beans:
• Prepare the mung beans, so that its sprouts well (see above how to sprout Mung beans). Then cook these Mung sprouts for 15 minutes.
• Make paste of ginger garlic in blender.
• Heat a pan with the oil; add mustard, cumin seeds and pinch of hing (asafoetida).
• Add the onions along with ginger-garlic paste, fry till golden brown.
• Add turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, amchur powder, salt, sugar. Stir it well.
• Stir in Mung sprouts. Cook another 7 minutes.
• Remove it from pan serve it in bowl.
• Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Jeera rice.
Other Indian recipes made from Mung bean:
• Sprout mung
• Green mung dal tarka
• Whole mung mixed vegetable
• Green mung pakora
• Green Gram Stir Fry
• Mung with cheese
• Pan fry sprout mung
• Sprout mung with black pepper
• Sprout mung salad
• Sprout mung usal
• Green mung curry
• Tomato mung upma
Other Names of mung are: Mongo, Mash bean, Green gram, Golden gram, Green soy, Green Bean, pesarattu, payathanparupu, cheruparipu, pesara pappu, hesarubela, Pesalu, Ganze Mung, MungBohne.
Taste: Nutty flavor
Order Moong Beans, Whole Mung Beans, Green Gram, Paasi Payaru, TRS in online from our Indian Grocery store at cheap rate with best Quality