Pav Bahaji Masala, Indian Spices Mix, MDH, 100g
Pav-bhaji is a famous fast food dish native to Indian state of Maharashtra. Pav-bhaji is very popular in Indian cities, particularly in Mumbai and is loved by people of all age groups. The name Pav-Bhaji comes from the combination of two words: “pav” which means bread and “bhaji” which is a potato based mixed curry.The key ingredient for the mouthwatering flavor of the dish is a blend of about 13-14 spices. MDH Pav-bhaji masala is the spice-mix which takes care of the respected spices in right quantities for the authentic tastes of bhaji. MDH Pav-bhaji masala gives mild flavor of Indian spices such as Cardamom Green, Caraway and Star Anise to bhaji. Pav is high in carbohydrates and fats (if served with butter), while bhaji, the vegetable-based curry portion, is high in carbohydrates.
Pav-bhaji recipe is very fast, easy to prepare and very filling. Addition of vegetables takes care of the nutrition aspect of this dish. So, one can add vegetables of their choice to boost the nutritive value. MDH Pav-bhaji masala can also be used in Chutney for vada pav. MDH Pav-bhaji masala is 100% natural and contains absolutely no artificial flavor and preservatives. The ingredients used to prepare this recipe are made with traditional techniques to make sure that purity, freshness and flavor are properly retained.
Ingredients to prepare masala :
• Coriander Seeds
• Dried Mango Slices
• Black Pepper Whole
• Dry Ginger
• Bay Leaves
• Cardamom Green
• Aammomum Seeds,Caraway
• Nutmeg Husk
• Fennel seeds
Indian recipe: Pav-bhaji
Recipe Ingredients to prepare Pav-bhaji :
• 8 pavs or buns
• 4 tbsp butter
• 1 tsp Pav Bahaji Masala
Ingredients to make bhaji:
• 1 cups potatoes, boiled and mashed
• 1 cup cauliflower, finely chopped • erererer
• 1/2 cup green peas
• 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
• 1 cup Onion , chopped
• 1/2 cup capsicum, finely chopped
• 2 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
• 1 1/2 tbsp MDH Pav Bahaji Masala
• 1/2 tsp
Indian Black Salt
• 4 tbsp butter
Ingredients to make chilli-garlic paste:
Method to prepare bhaji:
• Boil the cauliflower, peas and carrots till they are soft. Drain out the excess water.
• Heat the butter in a large pan, add the onion and capsicum and sauté for 2 minutes. Then,
add the prepared chilli-garlic paste and sauté till the onion softens.
• Add the tomatoes and simmer till the oil separates.
• Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, black salt and salt and cook for
2 to 3 minutes.
• Add the boiled vegetables and potatoes and mash thoroughly using a potato masher, adding ½
cup of water if required.
For the pav:
• Slice each pav into 2 horizontally. Apply a little butter to each side and sprinkle with a
little pav bhaji masala, if desired.
• Heat a large pan and cook the pav on both sides till the pieces are lightly browned.
Method to Serve:
• Serve the hot bhaji on 4 individual plates and top with the onion and coriander.
• Serve with the hot pav and lemon wedges.
Type: Ground spices mix
Indian online grocery shop to purchase Pav Bahaji Masala, Indian Spices Mix masala with