Peanuts Raw, Mungphali, Verkadalai, TRS, 375g
Pea nuts are commonly known as “Moongfali” or “Ground nuts” in Indian subcontinent. They are most widely used in Indian cooking for seasoning and flavoring. In south Asian countries, peanuts are known as either a light snacks by themselves, usually roasted and salted. In south India usually peanuts are boiled and salted and used as salad and in jhal muri. They are also made into little dessert or sweet snack pieces by processing with refined sugar and jaggery. Indian cuisine uses roasted, crushed peanuts to give a crunchy body to salads. They are added whole to leafy vegetable stews for the same reason. Peanuts are also widely used in Southeast Asian cuisine, particularly Indonesia, where they are typically made into a spicy sauce. Peanuts can be used like other legumes and grains to make a lactose-free milk-like beverage, peanut milk.
Indian recipe: Atukula (Poha) Upma Recipe
Recipe Ingredients for Atukula(Poha)Upma :
• 1 1/2 cups atukulu/poha, wash, drain and sprinkle 6-7 tablespoons for water and keep aside for 10 minutes
• 1 finely chopped large onion
• 3-4 slit Green Chillies
• 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder
• 1 tbsp chopped Coriander Leaves
• 1-2 tbsp roasted peanuts
• 1/2 tbsp oil
• 2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
• Salt to taste
Ingredients For seasoning:
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 1/2 tbsp Black Gram (split)
• 10-12 Curry Leaves
Preparation Method for Atukula (Poha) Upma:
• Heat the oil in a pan.
• Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
• Add the black gram and curry leaves and sauté them till the dal turn slightly brown.
• Add the chopped onions and green chilies and sauté for 4-5 minutes
• Add the turmeric powder and mix it well.
• Add the softened poha to the sautéed onion base and mix it lightly and see that no lumps form and it combines well. Cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
• Add the roasted peanuts, salt and combine. Turn off heat.
• Add a dash of lime and garnish with coriander leaves.
• Serve hot with any pickle of your choice.
Other Indian recipes made from Pea nuts are:
• Semolina upma
• Jhal muri
• Peanut masala
• Pan fry boiled peanut
• sprouted peanut salad
• Badam patti
• Chura-badam mixture
• Badam pulao
Other name of Peanuts are: Groundnuts, Badam, chiniese badam, moongfali dana, Senagapalukulu, earthnuts, ground nuts, goober peas, Kadalai, Verkadalai, monkey nuts, pygmy nuts, pig nuts, Erdnuss, Aschantinuss, Arachisnuss, Kamerunnuss.
Taste: Nutty flavor
Buy Peanuts Raw, Mungphali, Verkadalai, TRS from cheap Indian grocery with fast delivery and best quality