Punjabi Cholle, Chana Masala, Chickpeas Curry, Masala Bagh, 300g
- Additional information
Punjabi Cholle, Chickpeas Curry, Masala Bagh, 300g
Chola massala is the spicy north Indian curry.
Raw Chole/Chickpeas – 2 cup
Onion – 2
Tomato – 4 medium sized (chopped)
Channa/Chola Masala – 2 tbsp (increase this if you want more)
Chilli powder – 2 tsp (Add more if you need spicy)
Anardhana powder – 1 tsp
Whole cumin – 1/2 tbsp
Whole spices (Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves) – 1 inch piece, 4 pods and 5 cloves.
Cumin seeds – 1 1/2 tsp (Roast and powder)
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Green chilies – 3 very finely chopped
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Oil – 3 to 4 tbsp
Tea bag- 2
Coriander leaves – handful (finely chopped)
1. Soak the chickpeas overnight.
2. Take pressure cooker. Add the washed and soaked chickpeas. Then add 5 cups of water, salt, 2 tea bags, and in a small muslin cloth crush small cinnamon, 2 cloves, 2 cardamoms tie it and add it to the chickpeas.
3. Close and pressure cook for 3 whistles (depends on your cooker).
4. When pressure is released, discard the tea bags and whole spices knot drain and keep it aside. Don’t throw the water; we will be using it to the gravy J
5. Heat oil and ghee in the heavy bottom vessel.
6. Add the whole spices followed by whole cumin seeds.
7. After it splutters, add chopped green chillies and the ginger garlic paste cook until raw aroma goes away.
8. Now its time to add finely chopped onion till light brown color.
9. Add tomato and let it cook for some time until oil separates.
10. Add red chilli powder, chole/channa Masala, roasted cumin powder, anardhana powder.
11. Now add cooked chick peas and water that is drained from the chickpeas when cooked.
12. Add salt and let it simmer for at least 20 to 25 minutes.
13. Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves and onion.