Popcorn Maize, Homemade Popcorns, TRS, 500g
Popcorn maize which is also known as ”corn’’ is a yellow or light brown thin skinned hard grain, most widely used in making many varieties of Indian recipes, such as side dishes, salad, soup and mixed vegetables. Popcorn or Popping Corn are kernels of certain varieties that explode when heated, forming fluffy pieces that are eaten as popular popcorn snack all over the world. Corn is used most frequently when ground into flour, maize yields more flour; with much less bran than wheat does, therefore suitable for making baked goods. Maize and Cornmeal (ground dried maize) constitutes a staple food in many regions of the world. Maize meal is also used as a replacement for wheat flour, to make cornbread and other baked products. Traditionally in India there is a kind of bread prepared by Maize flour known as “maize roti” which is mostly used in all over India during the winter season. Masa (cornmeal treated with lime water) is the main ingredient for tortillas, and many other dishes of Mexican food. Corn mixed Pakora is a very popular snacks in Indian recipes. Maize is a major source of starch. Cornstarch (maize flour) is a major ingredient in home cooking and in making many types of stuffed fish recipes. Baked corn stuffed fish, corn bread coated fish and corn bread stuffed trout’s and vegetable chops are very well known Indian Cuisine prepared by maize.
How to make Popcorn or popping corn?
The following method is used to make Popcorn without microwave. Keep a closed pot or pressure cooker on the stovetop and turn it on to high. Pour some oil or butter before it gets hot and then put “Popcorn Maize” inside it. Shake it around so it is even. Cover the lid and leave it for a minute under high flame. You hear popping sound. When popping stops, take it out. It may take 3 minutes to prepare Popcorn. Choose your own toppings, which could be Sweets or spicy.
How to cook maize corn seeds?
To prepare the corn, first soak one cup corn in a pot containing water for at least 8-10 hours. It yields 3 cups of corn. Add some salt and then put it in a closed pan or pressure cooker and cook for 5-6 minutes on high flame till the corn become soft. Drain it well. Now Corn is ready to cook different varieties of delicious Indian cuisines.
Indian recipe: Brussels sprouts corn masala
Recipe Ingredients for Brussels sprouts corn masala:
• 1 cup of Brussels sprouts (20 pieces)
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
• 1 teaspoon of Ginger Paste
• 2 cups of corn kernels (Boiled)
• 1 teaspoon black Mustard Seeds
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1 tea spoon red chilies
• 4-6 fresh Curry Leaves
Cooking Method for Brussels sprouts corn masala:
• Trim the Brussels sprouts in desired small parts take some water in a closed pan and boil it on a medium flame for 3-4 minute. Drain the water and put a side.
• Heat the oil in a saucepan.
• Add the black mustard seeds.
• Add the cumin seeds and the onions. Stir fry the onions until they are golden brown in color, this may take up to 5-6 minutes.
• Add the garlic and ginger paste. Keep stirring till the color of onion turns golden brown.
• Add the turmeric, curry leaves, dried red chilies, salt & pepper, Mix well to combine.
• Add the Brussels sprouts Stir once and cook for 2-3 minutes.
• When the Brussels sprouts turn a delicious golden brown in color, add the corn and lime juice. Stir to combine thoroughly.
• Reduce the heat to medium low, cover and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes.
• Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve with warm roti.
Other Indian recipes made using Maize Corn:
• corn pakora
• corn Pulao
• sweet cork cake
• Corn Paysum
• chicken corn soup
• mixed vegetable with corn
• corn mix puri
Other Indian names of pop corn maize are: sweet corn, makka, corn, butte ka Dana, zea mays, makai dana, puffmais, voedsel,Mais.
Color: white and orange to brown
Taste: Nutty flavor.
Buy Popcorn Maize, Homemade Popcorns, TRS from Indian grocery at cheap rate with best Quality