Red chili is a very hot and spicy ingredient – are dry fruits of red chilli plant which are long with a pointed end, red in color and bitter in taste. Red chillies are very spicy (hot) because they contain a compound called Capsaicin, which is entirely unique to the chili pepper. Red chillies are common spices used in preparing hot-spicy Indian dishes in Indian subcontinent. Red chillies are also added to curries, vegetable dishes, tomato sauce, soups and stews. Red chilli can be used as a whole for seasoning or in tarka. Red chillies can also be roasted lightly on a griddle/pan till it leaves a pleasant aroma and then used in many traditional Indian spicy recipes. They are also used in powdered form to make varieties of spices powder mixture. They are also a key ingredient in a variety of hot sauces, particularly those employing vinegar as a preservative (also known as Pickles). Red chillies provide an excellent seasoning, color, pungency and warmth to any dish. Dried red chillies are used extensively in some regions of China, Thailand and Indonesia. Red chillies are often combined with other ingredients, such as peppercorns and garlic, to make a spicy sauce or pickles.
Red chillis(LAl Mirch) can be best use as following
• Red chilli can be added to any preparation that calls for Red chilli powder which ultimately gives a shiny red color to the dish.
• Red chilli can be added to marinade for marinating and to frying Onions along with chopped tomatoes while preparing indian curries.
• Roasted red chillies are most frequently used in boiled or baked potato mash.
How to use Red chillies(Lal Mirch)?
Red chillies can either be used as a whole or in grounded form (powder) while preparing delicious Indian cuisines .
Indian recipe: Red chilli – Garlic chutney
Method of preparation: Red chilli – Garlic chutney
• Soak overnight, the whole red chillies in the tamarind pulp.
• Next day, Take a grinder and add the garlic, red chillies and tamarind pulp and grind into fine paste.
• Heat a pan with oil.
• Add the paste in the pan.
• Cook it on a medium heat till all the water evaporates.
• Add the salt in it and cook it for 5 minutes more.
• Allow it to cool and then fill in a bottle or Jar
Other Indian recipes made from red chili are
• Red chili spiced doughnut
• Broccoli with red chilli soup.
• Piri piri chicken
• Red chilli in pea nut sauce
• Lamb kofta with spicy yogurt
• Red chilli sauce Barrito
• Chaat Masala
• Baked Cabbage
• Spicy Coconut Cream Soup
• Dapka Kadhi
• Trevti Dal
Other Indian names for red chillies are:
Lal mirch, Paka lanka, Sukan jalakia, Lal mirchaya, Lal marcha Milagai vatral, Chuvanna mulagu, Erra mirapa Kayalu, Milakai, Kempu menasinakai, Rote chillis.
Health Benefits of Red Chili
Red chillies are high in vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin E, vitamin C, riboflavin, potassium and manganese.
• Red chillies are helpful in reducing arthritis pain and controlling diabetes.
• Red chilli contains a compound known as Capsaicin which has a positive effect on blood cholesterol, and also works as an anticoagulant. Capsaicin is very helpful in reducing obesity.
• Eating red chillies in regular meal help to reduce cough and it enhance appetite to eat.
Taste: Bitter (hot)
Buy Red Chillies, Extra Hot, Lal Mirch, Milagai Vatral from our indian Grocery online shop at cheap rate with best quality