Red Cow Peas, Red Chori Dal, Thatta Payaru, Lentils, TRS, 500g
Red cow peas are also known as “Azuki beans”, constitute an important part of the diet in many parts of the world, especially in the Indian sub-continent which has large vegetarian populations. Red cow peas are one of the many common types of beans are used in Indian cooking, especially when it comes to Indian meals. Red cow peas are highly versatile to make delicious Indian cuisines, which are very popular in northern India and Africa. Azuki beans are used to make a popular North Indian dish called “Rajma.” When served with rice, this makes a complete meal. Red cow peas looks like beans, but are smaller, and brown to red in color, They are rich in good source of Protein, calcium, phosphorus, and iron and hence substitute the meat protein for vegetarian diet. Red cow peas are not only used in soups but also a noted ingredients for making salad, mix vegetable and Indian desserts. Red cowpeas are used to prepare spicy curry, and many other traditional Indian recipes. Red cow peas are rich taste. They are also forms an excellent choice for salads.
How to Cook Red cow peas(Red Chori Dal,Lentils)?
To cook cow peas for the best result and less energy, soak it in a bowl or pot over night.
First rinse 1 cup of Red cow peas in cold water. Wash it thoroughly and drain the water. Then add about four part of water and leave it for at least 8 hours. It will yield 3 cups of red cow peas. Soaked red cow peas can be directly used in salad. Now Place red cow peas in a closed pan with water and put it on a high flame for 10 minute and let it cook. Now cooked red cow peas are ready to prepare varieties of delicious Indian recipes.
Indian Recipe: Red cow peas masala curry
• 1 tablespoon Ghee
• 1 teaspoon red chili powder
• 1 teaspoon turmeric Powder
• 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1 teaspoon coriander powder(Dhania Powder)
• 1 tsp Garam Masala
• 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
• 1 teaspoon Ginger Paste
• 2 number green chilies
• Pinch of pinch hing
• 1 medium size onion
• 2 tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
• 1 tablespoon lemon
• Green Coriander leaves finally chopped.
Preparation Method for Red cow Peas Masala Curry:
• Heat a pan with ghee
• Add the cumin seeds. Add the bay leaves, asafoetida and chopped ginger-garlic. Fry briefly.
• Add the chopped green chilies and Curry Leaves
• Add the chopped onions , and fry till light brown.
• Add the spices (turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala) and salt. Stir it well.
• Add the chopped tomato and cook for 2 minutes.
• Now fry till the oil separates, and add the cooked Red cow peas and if required add water and mix it well.
• Add 1cup water and mix it well and cook on simmer for another 7 minutes.
• Remove it from flame and take it in a Bowl. Add Lemon juice
• Garnish it with coriander leave and serve it with Naan, Roti, or Rice.
Other Indian recipes from Red cow peas are:
red cow pea’s salad, red cow peas mix vegetables, red cowpeas masala, red cow peas with gost, Red cow peas with meat.
Other Indian names for Red cow peas are: Red chori, Azuki beans, Chota rajma, Lal chavali, Pat, Red beans,Aduki beans
Shape: kidney shaped
Taste: Nutty flavor.
Indian Grocery online shop is to purchase Red Cow Peas(Red Chori Dal, Thatta Payaru, Lentils)at cheap rate with best quality