Red Kidney Beans, Rajma, Sivappu Karamani Sundal, TRS, 500g
Red kidney beans are one of the many common types of beans are used in Indian cooking, especially when it comes to Indian meals. In India it is known as Rajma . Kidney beans are highly versatile to make delicious Indian cuisines, which are very popular in northern India. Kidney beans play an important role in traditional Indian kitchen due to its high protein content. They provide rich source of protein in Indian dishes, and when combined with rice, the protein is comparable to that of meat or dairy foods without the high calories. Red kidney beans recipes are used to cook various foods that can easily be served as a side dish, appetizer, main dish and even a dessert.
How to prepare Red Kidney Beans?
Red kidney beans are very hard in nature. So, before making any tasty Indian food with kidney beans, first it has to be cooking separately. Wash and soak the Red kidney beans in surplus water overnight (or at least 5 hours). Place them in a pressure cooker (for fast cooking) or closed pan. Add some water and some Salt . Cook on high level for 10-15 minutes till the beans are soft. Now cooked soft kidney beans are ready for making delicious Indian recipe.
Indian Recipe – Red kidney beans (Rajma) masala curry:
Recipe Ingredients for Red Kidney Beans(Rajma) Masala Curry:
• Red kidney beans – 1
• Onion(large) – 1 (chopped finely)
• Tomatoes (large) – 2
• Ginger and garlic paste– 1 tablespoon
• Red Chilli powder– 1 teaspoon
• coriander powder(Dhania Powder)– 1 teaspoon
• Cumin powder – ½ teaspoon
• Turmeric Powder – ¼ teaspoon
• Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
• Tamarind Paste – ½ teaspoon
• Cinnamon stick – 1 small piece
• Cardamom– 2
• Cloves – 2
• Salt to taste
• Oil – 2 table spoons
• Fresh Coriander Leaves for garnishing
Cooking Methods for Red Kidney Beans Masala Curry:
• Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan on medium level.
• Crackle the cumin seeds. Add the bay leaves (optional), asafoetida and chopped ginger-garlic. Fry briefly.
• Add the chopped onions and fry till they are golden brown.
• Add the spices ( Coriander , Cumin , Cloves , Cardamom Green ) powders.
• Add chopped tomatoes.
• Fry till the oil separates, and add the cooked red kidney beans along with its stock.
• Sprinkle salt, mix well and cook on medium level for about 15 minutes.
• Add the hot spice mix. For better taste add ginger garlic paste and red chili powder.
• Cover and cook on medium level for about 5 minutes.
• Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Other Indian recipes made from Rajma(Red Kidney Beans):
• Rajma and mushroom curry
• Rajma saag-wala
• Rajma bean curry
• Rajma soup
• Rajma curry with fresh ginger slice
• Lal rajma dal
• Spicy rajma gravy
• Rajma pulao
• Punjabi Rajma curry
• Rajma korma
• Rajma rasmisa
Other Indian Names of Rajma are: Barbati, Phansasai, Rajmah, Raazamaha, Shravangheva rajma, Red kidney beans, Rote kidneybohnen, chilli beans.
Type: Dry bean seeds
Shape: kidney shaped
Taste: Nutty flavor.
Buy Red Kidney Beans, Rajma, Sivappu Karamani Sundal from online shop indian Grocery at low-cost with best quality