Red Lentils, Masoor Dal, Split Orange Dal, Mysore Paruppu, TRS, 2Kg
Red lentils, also known as “Masoor”, constitute an important part of the diet in many parts of the world, especially in the Indian sub-continent which has large vegetarian populations. Red lentils are one of the many common types of lentils are used in Indian cooking, especially when it comes to Indian meals. Red lentils are highly versatile to make delicious Indian cuisines, which are very popular in northern India. They are orange-red in color with lens shaped. Lentils are rich in protein and carbohydrates. They are a good source of Protein, calcium, phosphorus, and iron and hence substitute the meat protein for vegetarian diet. Dal with red lentils is medically recommended for growing children, pregnant and lactating women. Red lentils are not only used in soups but also a noted ingredients for making soup, salad, bread, mix vegetable and Indian desserts. Red lentils are used to prepare spicy curry, dal (dhal), kachori, and many other traditional Indian recipes. Red lentils are rich taste. They are also forms an excellent choice for salads. One advantage of lentils over other legumes is that they do not require soaking before cooking.
How to Cook red lentils?
First rinse 1cup of Red lentils in cold water. Wash it thoroughly to remove surface impurities such as dirt and drain the water. To reduce cooking time, optional step could be to soak it before in cold water for 30 minutes. It will yield 3 cups of lentils. Soaked lentils can be directly used in salad. Now Place red lentils in a closed pan with water and put it on a high flame for 5-7 minutes and let it partially cook. Now cooked red lentils are ready to prepare varieties of delicious Indian recipes.
Indian Recipe: Red lentil curry
Recipe Ingredients for Red lentil curry
• 1 cup Green Lentils
• 1 stripe Curry Leaves
• 1 tablespoon Ghee
• 1 teaspoon red chili powder
• 1 teaspoon turmeric Powder
• 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1 teaspoon coriander powder(Dhania Powder)
• 1 tsp garam Masala
• 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
• Pinch of hing
• 1 medium size onion
• 2 tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
• 1 tablespoon lemon
• Green Coriander leaves finely chopped.
Preparation method for Red lentil curry:
• Heat a pan with ghee
• Add the cumin seeds. Add the curry leaves, asafoetida and chopped ginger-garlic. Fry briefly.
• Add the chopped green chilies and curry leaves
• Add the chopped onions, and fry till light brown.
• Add the spices (turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala) and salt. Stir it well.
• Add the chopped tomato and cook for 2 minutes.
• Now fry till the oil separates, and add the cooked Red lentils and if required add water and mix it well.
• Add 1cup water and mix it well and cook on simmer for another 7 minutes.
• Remove it from flame and take it in a Bowl. Add Lemon juice
• Garnish it with coriander leave and serve it with Naan, Roti, or Rice.
Other Indian recipes from Red lentils are:
• Punjabi red lentil dal
• Red lentil kachori
• Red lentil Pulao
• Red lentil tarka
• Pan fry red lentil
• Red lentil with other pulse mix dal
• Red lentil khichri
• Lentil kofta
• Tahira lentil curry
• Spicy lentils with tomatoes
• Red lentil soup
• Lemony lentil soup
• Lentils and split peas puri
Other Indian names for red lentils are: Masur, bina chilka wali masur, orange lentils, errakandi pappu, rote linsen.
Taste: Nutty flavor.
Buy Red Lentils, Masoor Dal, Split Orange Dal, Mysore Paruppu from online shop indian grocery at low cost with best quality