Sambhar Powder, Masala Mix, South Indian Special, MTR, 200g
Sambhar is a very popular and common dish in south India and Sri Lankan Tamil cuisines. Sambar is a vegetable stew based on a broth made from toor dal, tamarind and other spices. The delicious taste of sambar is due to the mixture of ground spices known as sambar masala powder. Sambar masala powder comes from the people who are known for its traditional way of preparing sambar. Sambar is eaten with plain boiled rice, Idlis, Vadas, Dosas, and with almost everything.
Sambar masala is prepared by a delicate blend of 15 to 20 ingredients that capture the flavors of the south India. To save effort, MDH sambar masala help us to prepare delicious sambar in few minutes. MDH Sambar-masala is 100% natural and contains no artificial flavor and preservatives. The ingredients used to prepare this recipe are made with traditional techniques to make sure that purity, freshness and flavor are properly retained.
Coriander, Turmeric, Cumin, Chilli, Fenugreek seeds, Mustard (Rai), Salt, Black Pepper, Mustard, Pulse, Caraway, Cloves, Nutmeg, Mace, Cinnamon, Cardamom seeds, Dry Ginger, Asafoetida.
Indian recipe: Sambar
Ingredients to prepare Sambar:
• 2 cups of chopped veggies (potatoes, carrots, french beans, eggplants, okra, cauliflower, bottle gourd, gherkin, raddish etc. of one’s choice)
• 1 cup Toor Dal
• 2 cups Juice of Tamarind pulp
• 3 tablespoon of MDH sambar powder
• 1 onion cut into long strips
• 3 Tomatoes finely chopped
• 3 Green chillies split lengthwise
• 2 tsp coriander powder
• 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
• A pinch of Asafoetida
• 2 tbs Coconut powder
• 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
• 1/2 chili powder
• salt – as per taste
• chopped coriander for garnishing
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
• 2 Dried Red Chillies
• 2 Garlic crushed pods
• 1 tsp Ghee
• 1 stripe fresh or dried Curry leaves
Method to prepare Sambar:
• Boil veggies of your choice and keep it aside.
• Take a pan and take dal, tomatoes, green chillies, and onion and add 5 cups of water.
• Boiled the dal with the help of the pressure cooker or closed pan.
• Soak handful Tamarind in 2 cups of water. Keep aside.
• Heat 1 tbs oil in a deep vessel.
• Add the boiled veggies & saute for a minute.
• Add the pressured cook dal, tomatoes & green chillies & onions.
• Add the soaked tamarind water. Throw away the tamarind once you are able to get all the juice from it.
• Add 4 cups of water. Bring all the ingredients to 3 – 4 boils.
• Add Sambar powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder & a pinch of hing.
• Add salt, chili powder & turmeric powder as per requirement.
• Heat 2 tablespoon oil & 1 tsp ghee in a shallow pan.
• Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chillies, garlic pods & curry leaves. Saute for 5 secs.
• Add the above seasoning to the boiling sambar.
• Add the coconut powder.
• Boil for another 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
• Serve Hot.
Type: Ground spices
Taste: Mild spicy
buy Sambhar Powder, Masala Mix, South Indian Special from our indian grocery online shop at cheap price with best quality