Seeni Sambal, Sambol Chutney, Vegetarian, Sri Lanka, Rabeena, 300g
Seeni Sambal means sugar sambal. But it is a sweet, sour and chili hot curry. If seeni sambal is prepared perfectly will last for 2-3 days without any preservation in the room temperature. This seeni sambol is served with hot bread, pittu, buriyani or yellow rice. The Indian sub continent is a food lovers paradise for a reason. The availability and usage of aromatic spices, fresh ingredients and cooking methods make it easy to get addicted to Indian food and stay that way. It is never easy to pin down one single way of cooking a dish, the variations to the same dish are sometimes subtle and sometimes not so subtle.The result is not just regional cuisines but micro regional cuisines.
Ingredients for Seeni Sambal:
• Onions – 3 Large sliced
• Garlic – 4-5 sliced
• Ginger grated – small piece
• Curry Leaves – few
• Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
• Jaggery 2-3 tsp
• Tamarind extract – 1 tbsp
• oil – 3 tsp
• Salt as needed
1. Heat oil in a pan, add the curry leaves, onions, ginger and garlic and saute till the onion starts to get brown.
2. Add the chili powder,salt,tamarind extract and continue to cook on low heattill the onion comes together 20-25 minutes.
3. Add the Jaggery at the end when your required consistency has reached.
4. Continue to cook for a few more minutes till the Sugar is incorporated well.
Purchase Readymade Fresh Seeni Sambal, Sambol Chutney, Vegetarian from our online Indian shop.