Soya Balls, Meal Maker, Soya Chunks, Sri Lanka, Rabeena, 500g
Soya chunks, also known as soy or soya meat is a meat analogue made from defatted soy flour. Soya chunk is a byproduct of extracting soya bean oil. It is light brown in color, light weight and have delicious nutty flavor. Soya chunks have high protein, absolutely no fats, and very easy to cook. It contains very low cholesterol, saccharides, salt, and easy to digest. Soya chunks are so versatile that it is used to make varieties of delicious mild spice or hot spicy dishes. Using soya chunks, one can make vegetarian or vegan versions of traditionally meat dishes such as chili, spaghetti bolognese, sloppy joes, tacos, burgers, or burritos. Soya chunks are also very light weight, and are often used in backpacking recipes. Soy chunks contain over 50% of high quality proteins. To get better taste soya chunks should be soaked in warm water for 10 minute before use. After absorbing water, they turn soft and expand up to three times in size. They can be used in almost any dish. Try making soya burgers, add them to curries, or just simmer them with spices. Dishes cooked with soya chunks are very tasty and also have natural nutritive goodness.
How to use Soya Chunks ?
Simply soak them in warm water for 10-15 minutes and squeeze out the excess water. Now soft soya chunks are ready to prepare different kinds of delicious recipes.
Indian recipe: Soya chunk curry
Recipe Ingredients to Soya Chunk Curry:
• 100g Soya chunks
• 1 large- onion thinly sliced
• 1 tsp- garlic crushed
• 1 tsp -ginger crushed
• 1 large- tomato diced
• 1 small- capsicum diced
• 1 cup- potato diced
• To taste- red chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp-turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp -Cumin-powder
• 1 tsp-coriander powder
• 1 tsp -garam masala
• 1 tsp- lime juice
• 2 tbsp-oil
• 1 string chopped coriander leaves
• salt as per taste
Preparation Method to Soya chunk Curry:
• Heat a pan with oil.
• When hot, add garam masala, red chili powder, turmeric, salt and the soya chunks. Keep the flame low.
• Sauté for 6 minutes or until the soya chunks become light brown.
• Then add the capsicum.
• Sauté until the capsicum become soft. Keep this soya chunk aside.
• Heat a pan with oil.
• Add the cumin seeds
• Then add the onion, ginger and garlic paste.
• Mix well until the onion turns light brown.
• Add the red chilli powder, turmeric and the coriander powder. Mix well.
• Add the chopped tomato.
• Add salt, garam masala and salt. Sauté well
• Add soya chunks into this gravy.
• Pour some water and the lime juice according to your consistency.
• Cover with a lid and cook another 20 minutes.
• Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with roti or rice.
Other recipes made from soya chunks are:
• Soya chunks with green peas
• Soya chunk manchurian
• Soya peanut delight
• soya chunks with spinach
• Chilli soya chunk
• soya chunk methi masala
• soya chunk tomato korma
• Potato soya chunk
• Soya chunk Biryani
• Soya chunk vegetable pulao
• Soya chunk cutlet
Other Indian names of soya chunks are: Textured vegetable protein (TVP), textured soy protein (TSP), Soya meat, Soy meat, soya nugget, Neutinigate, Neutrella, Texturiertes Soja, Sojafleisch.
Type: Small irregular circular ball
Color: Light brown
Taste: Nutty flavor
Visit our Indian grocery online store to purchase original ethnic Soya Nuggets, Meal Maker, Soya Chunks at cheap and best.