Turmeric Powder, Haldi, Manjal, NGR, 1Kg
- Additional information
Turmeric Powder, Haldi, Manjal, NGR, 1Kg
Haldi or Turmeric powder, also known as “Indian saffron” is produced from the grinding dried rhizome of turmeric, which is yellow colored and earthy flavor. Turmeric powder is a most widely used in preparing Indian cuisine. It is used in almost all Indian Vegetarian and non vegetarian recipes including lentils and meat dishes, and in Southeast Asian cooking. It is also used in place of saffron to provide color and flavor. It adds a warm, mild aroma and distinctive yellow color to foods.Turmeric powder is 100% natural and contains absolutely no artificial color, flavor and preservatives. The ingredients used to prepare this recipe are made with traditional techniques to make sure that purity, freshness and flavor are properly retained. Turmeric powder is an important spice for many vegetable curries, rice preparation and other dishes. Turmeric powder is a powerful coloring agent. Turmeric powder is used to color and flavor prepared mustard , Pickles , relish, chutneys , and rice dishes as well as butter and cheese. Turmeric powder is also added in spice blends such as curry powder.
Culinary use of Cinnamon powder:
Turmeric powder is very useful in many ways,
• Turmeric powder is most widely used as condiment in the preparation of Indian recipes.
• Turmeric powder which is known for its warm and peppery flavor is commonly used in India as a powdered form in day-to-day life. In India, no vegetarian or non-vegetarian dish is complete without turmeric powder
• Turmeric powder is used in many fish curries, possibly because it successfully masks fishy odors.
• It is one of the principle ingredients of curry powder.
• Turmeric can be used as a substitute for Saffron .
• It complements any recipes that feature lentils, bean or pulses
• It is used to flavor and color butter, cheese , margarine, mustard, liquor, fruit drinks, cakes, jellies, and fruit dishes.
• Turmeric powder is a classic addition to chutneys, pickles, and relishes.
• Turmeric powder is most widely used in sweet dishes.
Medicinal use of Turmeric powder:
• Turmeric powder is also used as home-made medicine for healing of wound and pimples. Turmeric powder, with its antibacterial action, prevents bacterial infections on wounds.
• Turmeric powder mix with honey is a medicine for hair loss (massage on scalp), Arthritis (massage on affected part), Bladder infection and toothache.
• Turmeric powder is used in cough and cold, cinnamon powder boost immune system of body.
• Turmeric powder is used as a carminative and stomachic in the treatment of digestive disorders such as flatulence, cough and cold, bloating, and appetite loss.
• Turmeric powder is used extensively in the Indian systems of medicine (Ayurveda, Unani, and Siddha).
• Paste of turmeric powder is also applied topically for ulcers, wounds, eczema, and inflammations.
• Turmeric is a great carminative, able to calm an upset digestive system by getting rid of gas and distention.
• Remedy for ‘piles’ is to directly apply a mixture of mustard oil, turmeric, and onion juice.
• Turmeric powder inhibit the growth of melanoma cancer cells (Skin cancer) and cause cancer cells to self-destruct,
• Turmeric powder is used in treating arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory property.
• It is beneficial in reducing blood cholesterol, ulcers, dysentery diarrhea, sore throat, use of turmeric in daily diet can improve body’s immunity.
Indian recipe: Potato and cauliflower curry
Recipe Ingredients to Potato and Cauliflower Curry:
• 2 Potatoes peeled and cubed
• 1 Cauliflower broken into small florets
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 2 tsp each of coriander Powder and chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp each of cumin and Mustard
• Salt to taste
• 2 tbsp oil
• Coriander Leaves for garnishing
Cooking Method for Potato and Cauliflower Curry:
• Heat the oil in a pan.
• Add the cumin and mustard seeds. Let it splutter.
• Add the potatoes and fry it.
• Add the turmeric powder, salt, coriander powder and chilli powder.
• Mix well, cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
• Add the florets and salt and mix well.
• Cover the pan with the lid and cook it on the medium flame for 5 minutes.
• Remove cover and stir it.
• Transfer it to the serving plate and garnish with coriander leaves.
• Serve hot with chapati
Other recipes using Turmeric powder are:
• All vegetable recipes
• All curry recipes
• Sea food recipes
• Non vegetarian recipes
Other names of Turmeric powder are: Pasapu, Manjal podi, Halodhi, Halud, Halad, Haldar, Arishina, Haridra, Gelbwurz.
Taste: Earthly pungent
Purchase Original Turmeric Powder from indian grocery online shop at cheap rate with best quality.