Black Gram, Urad Dhal, Urid Dal, Ulutham Paruppu, Split, TRS, 2kg
Split Urad Dal is commonly called as “Dhoyi Urad” in India. It constitutes an important part of the diet in many parts of the world, especially in the Indian sub-continent which has large vegetarian populations. Urad Dal are one of the many common types of Lentils are used in Indian cooking, especially when it comes to Indian meals.Urad Dal is highly versatile to make delicious Indian Cuisine . Urad dal is dry split seed cream to yellow in color without husk which is obtained from whole Urad. This white Lentils is rich in protein and iron content which is good for improving blood hemoglobin count. Black Gram is great for vegetarians and low fat diets. Urad dal has a smooth texture, nut like flavor. White Urad Dal is used to prepare Spicy curry, Dal (dhal), kachori, Dosa and many other traditional Indian recipes .Urad Dal is used to prepare in making soups, salad, and mix vegetable and perhaps Dosa and Idli in south India which is a regular food of south Indian and is very popular Indian Cuisine in South India. It is very tasty and healthy too.Urad Dal is also used to prepare spicy Tarka dal which is generally served with Roti or hot steamed rice. When this curry is combined with Rice or Bread (roti) it supplies high quality protein which provides a healthy alternative to Meat or other animal protein. Black Urad are unique because they taste wonderful without any spices also.
How to Cook Urad Dal?
Take one Urad Dal in a bowl and add 4 cups of water in it and leave it for at least 8 hours. It will yield 3 cups of Urad Dal. Soaked Urad Dal can be directly used in salad. Traditionally in South India this
soakedurad dal is grind to form a paste and used as a main ingredients for making Dosa, masala dosa, idli and Dahi Vada . It is also used in making pan fry dishes. To prepare Traditional Punjabi Cuisine from Urad Dal, take soaked dal in closed pan with water and put it on a high flame for 10 minutes and let it partially cook. Now cooked Urad Dal is ready to prepare varieties of delicious Indian Recipes.
Indian recipe: Urad Dal with onion and tomatoes.
Recipe Ingredients for Black Gram(Urad Dal) with onion and tomatoes:
• Urad dal(Black Gram) – 1 cup
• cumin seeds(Jeera) – 1/3 tsp
• Tomatoes – 2 medium size
• Onion – 1 medium size
• Green Chillies – 2
• Salt – to taste
• Red Chili Powder – 1/3 tsp
• Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
• Mango powder (Amchur Powder) – 1/3 tsp
• coriander Powder(Dhania Powder) – 1 tsp
• Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
• Turmeric Powder – 3 pinches
• Ginger Paste – 1”
• Garlic Minced Paste – 2 cloves
• Asafoetida (Hing) – few pinches
• Vegetable oil or Ghee – 1 tbsp
• Water – 4 cups
Preparation Method for black gram (Urad Dal):
• Heat the oil in a pan.
• Add the hing and the cumin seeds
• Add the chopped ginger, garlic and grated onions. Cook till they become pink in color.
• Now add the grated tomatoes and chopped green chilies. Mix well.
• Add the red chili powder, amchoor, garam masala, coriander powder. Mix well and cook till mixture separates from oil.
• Now add the boiled cooked dal in it.
• Garnish the dal with chopped coriander leaves.
• Serve hot with Rice/Chapati.
Other Indian Recipes made from Urad Dal are
• Masala dosa
• Plain dosa
• Urad dal khichri
• Urad dal ke laddu
• Urad dal Paysum
• Urad dal mix kachori
• Dahi vada, mix dal recipe
• Urad dal tarka
• Tomato urad dal
• Spicy urad dal
Other Indian names of urad dal are: dhoye urad, safed urad, white lentils, Urad dal, Urd, urid, matpe beans, Blacke lentils, sabit mash, Ulunathu, Minumulu, Uddina bele, Biri dali, Urdbohne.
Color: Creamy white-yellow.
Taste: Nutty flavor
Order Black Gram, Urad Dhal, Urid Dal, Ulutham Paruppu, Split, TRS from Indian Online Shop at low price with best quality.