Urid Beans, Black Gram, Urid Dal, Whole, TRS, 2Kg
6.49 €*(3.245€ per Kg)
Urid Dal, Black Gram, Urid Dal, Whole, TRS, 2Kg
In Stock. Delivery 1-2 Days.
- Additional Information
Urid Dal, Black Gram, Urad Dhal, Urid Dal, Whole, TRS, 2Kg
Urad dal retains the skins and also has a strong flavor. Skinned and split urad dal are creamy white and somewhat bland.
The dal is boiled and has an unusual mucilaginous texture. Ground into flour or paste, it is also extensively used in culinary preparation like dosa, idli, vada, and papad. When used this way, the white lentils are usually used. The white lentils are called “ulundhu” in Tamil. It has creamy white interiors, used in cooking across South Asia.
How to use :
Clean the urad dal and eliminate any kind of stone or dirt. To soak urad dal, first wash it twice with water and then soak it in warm water. Soaking in water reduces the cooking time – thereby saving on time as well as energy. Further you can make delightful dishes by just steaming it up with butter and spice it with boiled veggies and sauce of your choice or add it to any dish.
· Urad dal is used on a daily basis in South Indian houses to make batters for idlis and dosas and is also an important ingredient in tempering for most South Indian dishes.
· This tastes delicious when cooked dry with fried garlic/onion.
· People also prepare “Vadas” out of it by soaking the dal in water for 8 hours and then grinding it to a paste and then deep fry making the Vadas in circle/ round / or “D” shape and eat with Dahi or curd.
· Also the Vadas with a circle and a hole in between is prepared specially in south India and eaten with “Sambhar” i.e. “Sambhar Vadas”.
· It is used for preparing varieties of dosas, idlis, also vada. it acts as a binding stuff for rice & also it gives crispiness.
· Extremely nutritious and very easy to prepare, you need just onion, tomatoes fresh veggies and tomatoes.
· Dosa made with white urad dal practically peel them off the pan when cooked, and have a satisfying bread-like flavour.